cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tuff Campground NFS

k9jadon
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped at Tuff Campground in the Eastern Sierras off the 395 near Tom's Place? Does anyone have the camp host number? My concern is if we arrive a day after our reservation starts will our reservation be canceled? Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't camped there, but the policy on the reservation site will tell you how long you have. It should also list the FS office number for you to call in advance. We've done that for out of state CGs.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to Tuff, beautiful with stream right next to CG, but we stayed at French Camp. Some noise from U.S. 395 but not too bad. Easy dump station is up the road (USFS 4S12) from Tom's Place on the left. All the camps on 4S12 use that dump station...often closed in winter. Fresh water inside French Camp. Overflow CG is Holiday and it is not closed in winter...but not cleared of snow either.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad