cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas - LBJ, George HW Bush libraries

siguccs
Explorer
Explorer
I want to visit the LBJ (Austin) and George HW Bush (College Station) presidential libraries in Texas, allowing 1 full day for each. They are close enough together that ideally I’d park my 36ft motor home in one spot and drive my car to each.

I’ve gone to other places by staying at Walmart overnight, then driving my motor home to the attraction, visiting it, then driving to another walmart to spend the night. But I don’t see a way to make that work for these places.

So I’m looking for suggestions for RV parks or other places that would (ideally) serve as a reasonable place to stay in order to visit both places. If that results in long drives, say more than an hour and a half, then please suggest places to stay for each library.

Thanks. This is a great forum!
1 REPLY 1

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
I would recommend the Holiday RV Park in College Station. We have stayed there several times and always found it a nice place to stay.

For the Austin area my first choice would be McKinney Falls State Park. I'm sure you would have to make reservations there far ahead of time as it is popular and right near the city of Austin. We have also stayed here.

Sonny's RV Park in Lexington, Texas is about as near to half way as you will find between these two presidential libraries. I have never stayed there, but for your purposes it will probably be entirely adequate. It is 50 miles from College Station, and 50 miles to the LBJ.