cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas going to get hammered

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the weather this morning, looks like Texas is going to get 8-12" of rain! Flash flood warnings are up. Then next week the hurricane coming up on Mexico's West coast is going to turn East and head for Texas bringing more rain. Wow! from drought to floods. I hope the folks down there have their units all sealed and roofs in good shape.
15 REPLIES 15

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
More flooding this Halloween weekend with a few tornaders thrown in for good measure.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I am in Mexico, just north of the storm track. The rv park at Laguna del Tule in Melaque where I am headed is tkaing a direct hit. This video on facebook was taken about 2 hours before landfall. As you can see everyone has headed for the hills. The 5th wheel that is there is I suspect one that was stored down there over summer. i doubt it has survived.

Link

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Houston Remodeler wrote:
Or head to the well known high spots and leave the well known low spots.

Every rain storm the local news knows just where to park the news van to watch idiot after idiot drive right into the flood waters even though we have flood gauges, flashing lights and lots of warnings.

Darwin gets proved wrong each time.
You would think attrition would start reducing the numbers.

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Or head to the well known high spots and leave the well known low spots.

Every rain storm the local news knows just where to park the news van to watch idiot after idiot drive right into the flood waters even though we have flood gauges, flashing lights and lots of warnings.

Darwin gets proved wrong each time.
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
If your home has wheels... I would leave
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
If you're heading south, the Weather Channel just stated that I35 corridor may be flooded out in the Dallas area. Houston is suppose to get hit also if you're coming across I10.

Yep, This going to be a major rain event and it could be very windy! Would recommend a pull off for any travelers planning on going south via the aforementioned route. Be Safe, no biggie arriving a day or two later than planned!

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If you're heading south, the Weather Channel just stated that I35 corridor may be flooded out in the Dallas area. Houston is suppose to get hit also if you're coming across I10.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Rain gauge at my house shows we got just a hair under 4 inches of rain overnight!

And it looks like there is alot more on the way here
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We can handle the rain! Daughter is trying to find her ice scraper....lol

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Heavy rains are par for the course round these parts.

We appreciate the love and concern !
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Dang! Formula 1 race in Austin this weekend. Gonna be rain tires for sure.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
LynnandCarol wrote:
Up to 7" predicted here in Rockport and there will be short term flooding. But it goes away really fast with the sandy soil. We do need the rain, but more moderate amounts would be preferred. The hurricane activity at this point is real iffy, it may fall apart over land. We saw it coming and batten down the hatches along with a beer and bread stock up!

I remember when a storm was coming we use to stock up on milk and bread, now it's beer and bread! LOL!
I went to Aruba this summer and they have the best water you'll ever drink and the brew a great beer, and I am not a beer drinker anymore, they don't export it but I wish I could have brought some home.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Up to 7" predicted here in Rockport and there will be short term flooding. But it goes away really fast with the sandy soil. We do need the rain, but more moderate amounts would be preferred. The hurricane activity at this point is real iffy, it may fall apart over land. We saw it coming and batten down the hatches along with a beer and bread stock up!