cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun N Fun Sold

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Not really sure if I should have put this here or the Snowbird forum.
Either way Sun N Fun Rv Resort in Sarasota, Florida has been sold.
It was owned by Royalty Resorts of the UK and has been sold to Carefree Communities of Arizona as being reported in the Sarasota Hearld today.
Terms of the sale of the 178 acres resort were not disclosed but county records reported that the value of the resort was placed at 31.6 million dollars.

I spend a lot of my vacations there when my parents spent fourteen winters there after they retired before moving over to Avon Park.
I visited the park in 2010 and my how it had expanded from the 70's and 80's, huge park.
Personally I prefer our smaller park in Cortez but my parents loved it there.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001
3 REPLIES 3

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Being local, we stay there several weekends a year and absolutely love the place. Lots of activities for the kids. A lot of money was being spent on the place before the sale. Lets hope the new owners continue to keep it a nice place.

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed there a year ago in jan and had a great time with plenty to do in the area. carefree seems to do a good job going by the parks we have stayed at. Its a big park with a lot of park models that people own i think. We will go back and hope its for the better with carefree. Thanks for the post...paul

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed there 3 or 4 years ago while visiting friends in Osprey, FL. I didn't really take advantage of all it had to offer, but if you were a full timer it was hog heaven. A huge place with separate areas for full timers, snowbirds and short timers. The only thing they didn't have was a grocery store. Their web site already lists the new ownership.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.