cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio Campground

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for a Full Hookup CG in San Antonio. I have talked to Riverwalk rv park, Green Lake and Travelers world. All three have vacancies for the week that we will be there. I would like some real world feedback from members that have stayed at the listed campgrounds or others in the area.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

aka4170
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Last summer we stayed 6 nights at the San Antonio KOA, full hook up. They have a wonderful pool, however, it does get very crowded. We were not there during the day as we were visiting my military brother and the sites. Very nice location and safe. I would stay at the KOA again if I visited my brother in San Antonio.

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Greentree Village twice over the years, and have not had any complaints. A lot of full timers but well kept park and nice amenities.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Booked Travelerโ€™s world earlier today. Thanks for the sound advice.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World is definitlly the best for exploring down town San Antonio, accesible by public transport and the park is very nice and it has amenities on Fridays, I believe they have Square dancing and BBQ's, nice clean facilities definitely remonded.

navegator

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
IF you do chose Travelers World, DO NOT take East Southcross Blvd from I-37. There is a rail crossing on that route that will likely cause you to drag pavement if your RV has much rear overhang at all. If you are coming from the north, take I-37 down to SE Military Dr and then up Roosevelt Ave to the park.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World is our choice. Nice clean well kept park with a nice lay out. All sites are level and all hook ups are good. Be sure to use a good water pressure regulator as the park has very high water pressure. The staff is also very nice and helpful. There is a local TexMex restaurant across the street that we enjoyed.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
many years back we stayed at Admiralty IIRC and was in sight of theme park. the pullthrus I looked at seemed sort of difficult for a 5er in that they were concrete, ramped up to the pad and ramped down on the exit side. made vertical alignment connect/disconnect appear to be problematic.
bumpy

We stayed at Admiralty in our 35ft MH and had not problem at all getting in or out - we stayed there 2 weeks

I said "in a 5er" as the hump in the road appeared to make alignment difficult. I had no problem in my motorhome either, except to keep the MH on the flat/level part, the toad had to stick back further than I liked. would have muchly preferred a full length level spot.
bumpy

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
We stayed at Travelers World several years ago and would again. Popular place with snowbirds. Street in front goes straight to downtown and fairly easy parking next to Riverwalk. Or there is a bus stop in front of it you prefer not to drive. On the mission trail, one of which is nearby. And a Walmart just a couple miles away. ๐Ÿ˜„

Travelers World and the KOA are the two most commonly recommended here for being good places to stay that are convenient to downtown (Riverwalk, Alamo, El Mercado, Buckhorn Museum, etc).

Double ditto on Travelers World. We were interested in exploring the history of the place and the bus made it easy to do.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
many years back we stayed at Admiralty IIRC and was in sight of theme park. the pullthrus I looked at seemed sort of difficult for a 5er in that they were concrete, ramped up to the pad and ramped down on the exit side. made vertical alignment connect/disconnect appear to be problematic.
bumpy

We stayed at Admiralty in our 35ft MH and had not problem at all getting in or out - we stayed there 2 weeks
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Travelers World several years ago and would again. Popular place with snowbirds. Street in front goes straight to downtown and fairly easy parking next to Riverwalk. Or there is a bus stop in front of it you prefer not to drive. On the mission trail, one of which is nearby. And a Walmart just a couple miles away. ๐Ÿ˜„

Travelers World and the KOA are the two most commonly recommended here for being good places to stay that are convenient to downtown (Riverwalk, Alamo, El Mercado, Buckhorn Museum, etc).

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy