cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rancho Mirage

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm taking my daughter down to a conference in Rancho Mirage in late September and was wondering about campgrounds in this area. Any suggestions? Public or private? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and Happy camping,
Bill
9 REPLIES 9

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Geobiker wrote:
If you are an ELK, Indio Elks is great. The site we stayed in had electric and water; not sure if others were FHU. They also have a dump station. Good luck.
I am and thanks Geobiker! I'll look into it. And Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions!!!:)
Bill

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
If you are an ELK, Indio Elks is great. The site we stayed in had electric and water; not sure if others were FHU. They also have a dump station. Good luck.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Cahuilla above PGA West in LaQuinta. That time of year it'll likely be all but empty. There are a few FHU, and several around the lake with water & 50A service. The dump is EZ I/O
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much everyone!!:) Are there any state parks, blm or any public campgrounds in close proximity?
Thanks again, Bill

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Dryheat36 wrote:

I would be careful with the Cathedral City park mentioned as it is not in the best part of the City.

Gosh, If I had known this, I would not have been staying there for the last 3 years.
Thanks for the heads up. I will cross it off.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Sure hope you have a very good air conditioner on your rv. The average daily high will be over 100F. That time of the year, the normal airflows often bring humidity from the coast or, worse, the stench of the Sultan Sea from the east into the valley. A hotel room will probably work out to being about the same cost and probably a whole lot more comfortable.

Dryheat36
Explorer
Explorer
Being an avid RV'r and living in Palm Desert I would highly recommend Emerald RV resort. Very easy freeway access. I-10 to Cook St. This place is very clean, in a good section of town with all the amenities. It is a bit pricy but in this case you get what you pay for.

I would be careful with the Cathedral City park mentioned as it is not in the best part of the City.

Have a safe trip!

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Cathedral Palms RV Resort in Cathedral City, CA. $15 a night if you are RPI. $46 a night to the public. That's $105(RPI) or $270(public) a week for 50amps.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

pompano
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Emerald RV Resort while visiting friends in Rancho Mirage. A very nice place with all amenities.