cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite LTVA

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
It's Day #6 on our desert camp this year south of Quartzsite and it's great. Only about 8 to 9 rigs out here early. They days are a mite warm but the evenings are perfect. Lightening to the south, east, and west of us but just perfect over us. We can watch the lightening around us, but it leaves us alone. We can walk out away from the rig and have a 360 degree view of the desert and surrounding mountains If you're not here you are missing out.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out
15 REPLIES 15

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
was_butnotnow wrote:
Read online the BLM sez they haven't received LTVA stickers yet.
Thanks. I guess 6 months isn't enough lead time. I've noticed those stickers getting thinner, and presumably cheaper, every year. As with most gov't organizations, purchases are based on low bid.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Read online the BLM sez they haven't received LTVA stickers yet. So just go in and stay and go back to the entrance stations later when they can check you in.
Desert Messenger
Yesterday at 1:19 PM ยท
La Posa BLM LTVA area is open for camping. However the permit stickers have not arrived, so entrance stations are closed. Yuma Field office states campers are welcome to camp for free until the stations open. When the flag is raised, the entrance station is open! https://www.blm.gov/office/yuma-field-office

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Desert%20Messenger&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Just arrived today. Darn hot!! 95ยฐ I guess. Supposed to cool off tomorrow. Not too many peeps here yet at South LaPosa.

I haven't yet found a guard shack open to sell permits, don't know when that happens. I guess free rent for now.

Some construction going on at the dump station, almost looks like they're building a scales.. some kind of elevated ramp thing.

Verizon works great, evenings should be pleasantly warm. Running my Hondas for air.. gotta have air!

Lots of flies and bugs however.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
DFord wrote:
Kevin,
How's the cell/data service out there this time of year? No matter which carrier I've been with, I always had service there at La Posa South LTVA near the dump station. I can't believe carriers cover that area year around when so few are there.

Why wouldn't they cover it year-round? The towers and other infrastructure are already in place and presumably are permanently installed. It's not really different than the power company keeping the lights on for permanent buildings even in the slow season. (Also, regulatory oversight might make it pretty difficult for them to remove service, particularly if it was installed with some grant money or some such from a government body.)

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Came thru Q at 10:15 AM today. Coming from Sin City to our lot in Yuma.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
97F in Q today. Anyone else going to Silly Al's tonight - Saturday.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine would be 112+ if I depended on solar for the A/Cs.

Anyone be at Silly Al's this Saturday? :@ The beer is always cold and the pizza great! :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
It was 112* before we left this spring. .
My coach would probably 95 inside with full-on air.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping to make it back to La Posa south around the end of October. Our camp is just beyond the Magic circle sign. Internet is good except for Sprint which does work once you get closer to the RV dump. Verizon tends to get overloaded during the peak of the season.

It was 112* before we left this spring. The solar ran the twin 5000 BTU A/C's most of the day so I only needed the generator after I lost the light in the evening. It was still miserable going out for the dog, working on things and shopping.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
108ยฐ by Saturday? A bit much for me and my air. Lightning is pretty.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
You know the Internet Rules: Pics or it didn't happen.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
It is still a bit warm at the LTVA for me this time of year, but will be there in November for the winter.

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Don, no problem with Verizon service at this time, never had a problem dumping the waste tanks, we are up early.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Kevin,
How's the cell/data service out there this time of year? No matter which carrier I've been with, I always had service there at La Posa South LTVA near the dump station. I can't believe carriers cover that area year around when so few are there.

(We always a grab a spot within sight of the dump station and use it when there's no line. I don't suppose that's a problem right now.)
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System