cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please Help to find Eclipse spot in Oregon - Yes last minute

WackAway
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions on where I might find a spot to observe the eclipse in Oregon? I know it's last-minute but I finally caught the bug.

Prefer somewhere near Interstate 5, arrive Saturday, leave Wednesday.

Thanks in advance
Todd & Victri
"Looking for the perfect spot and points in-between"
2017 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty 4x4
2017 KZ Durango Gold G380FLF 40ft
800W Solar | Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 | Aims 3000W Inverter Charger
23 REPLIES 23

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We were very fortunate in that we were near West Yellowstone and tried to get near the center of the totality (near Rexburg) but the traffic was (predictably) abysmal. We got as far as 1 mile south of Ashton, ID and it was a perfect full 2 minutes of totality.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We decided to go last minute and have found a tranquil spot S of Albany, OR good for 1 night only, still plenty of room. 1 minute of totality. Good freeway and backroad access. PM me for details.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
You have a 15,000 lb fifth wheel, OP. What difference does 500 lbs of water make? I always take a full fresh tank plus a bunch of bottled water so I have it just in case.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
WackAway wrote:
I'm really not wanting to haul 500 lbs of water 500 miles. autorot8 (or others in the know), do you have any suggestion where to fill up on water near Madras?

I don't. I know Costco was stocking up on bottled water, but Costco in Bend is not on 97 and the parking lot would be difficult with a trailer. Wal-Mart in Bend is off 97 bypass and easy to get in and out of, just depends on when you come through. Could also consider Wal-Mart or Fred Meyer in klamath falls. When are you coming through? Also Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer in Redmond, but they could also sell out.
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

Scot_J
Explorer
Explorer
Eastern Oregon is pretty much filled up.....sorry to say. Traffic is expected to be crazy

Sarvi
Explorer
Explorer
https://totaleclipseofthemall.splashthat.com/ This is at the mall in my town, Albany. It seems they have spots left.

WackAway
Explorer
Explorer
I'm really not wanting to haul 500 lbs of water 500 miles. autorot8 (or others in the know), do you have any suggestion where to fill up on water near Madras?
Todd & Victri

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
cpaulsen wrote:
Weather here on the coast is supposed to be clear.

Keeping fingers crossed in South Beach for no Marine Layer also!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Weather here on the coast is supposed to be clear.
cpaulsen

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html

This is an interactive map in which you can zoom to street level to pick your spot.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
Just be aware that some gas stations in Bend were turning away customers today because of no fuel. They said it would be at least 12 hours until tanker trucks would get to town. This could/will only get worse as the weekend approaches. Costco was running short of essentials (milk, bread, meats), and it is expected others will follow (especially Wal-mart and others that are along 97). 2-lane highways in and out of Madras for 100,000+ people. Please plan accordingly.
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Posted this in another thread, but for those still looking, this one's website says they still have some space.

Oregon Eclipse Camp
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

WackAway
Explorer
Explorer
OK, found a place near Madras and the SolarFest. Win-Win!
Thank you all for your suggestions/help.
Todd & Victri

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Morning weather lady said it was 50/50 whether cloud cover would interfere with eclipse in Western Oregon. The day will be warm sunny - it's morning cloud cover you have to be worried about.
Kevin