cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photos of New Fishing Bridge RV Park - YELLOWSTONE

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Gang. I've been searching for some time both here and mr. google but have not found any photos of the newly renovated fishing brdige RV park at Yellowstone. I've even looked on Yellowstone / Xantera website, and they still show the ancient pics of yesteryear.

Anyone out there know of any? We've stayed there before and as we plan 2023 trips were wondering what it's like now. Thanks.
29 REPLIES 29

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
FYI: Fishing is not allowed from the Fishing Bridge.
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
It is a fantastic place. You do not have much time to spend in your camper. If you do you picked the wrong destination.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge is far from a parking lot with pedestals! Itโ€™s a camping spot located in the middle of a Yellowstone! The perfect place to see the park from a central location!

we found FB to be perfect for having a base camp out of which to see the various sights in Yellowstone. I did not go to yellow stone for a camping experience. if I wanted rustic I would go to Madison or some other campground.
bumpy

Yep, thatโ€™s exactly what I was getting at. Iโ€™m surprised some donโ€™t complain about no pool or daily activities for kids?

well I was mad that the putt putt golf course was closed. ๐Ÿ˜›

My goodness and the WiFi is non existent

bumpy

My wife and kids were upset. I knew there wasnโ€™t any service. Didnโ€™t bother me, but they hated it! LOL!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge is far from a parking lot with pedestals! Itโ€™s a camping spot located in the middle of a Yellowstone! The perfect place to see the park from a central location!

we found FB to be perfect for having a base camp out of which to see the various sights in Yellowstone. I did not go to yellow stone for a camping experience. if I wanted rustic I would go to Madison or some other campground.
bumpy

Yep, thatโ€™s exactly what I was getting at. Iโ€™m surprised some donโ€™t complain about no pool or daily activities for kids?

My goodness and the WiFi is non existent

bumpy
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

bumpy

bumpy

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of you Fishing Bridge haters out there, just keep on hateing. Leaves more room for the rest of us.

Campgrounds in Yellowstone are impossible to get into without a reservation made as much as a year in advance. The days of being able to bounce around the different campgrounds are long gone. Fishing Bridge is the best option inside of Yellowstone. You can stay outside the park and pay more and suffer the traffic nightmare coming into and out of the park each day.

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

bumpy

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

bumpy

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I know - W've been to Yellowstone numerous times. We do not camp at Fishing Bridge because it looks like a parking lot with pedestals. Need I repeat myself again.

A central parkinglot is not the best way to see Yellowstone IMHO ... we move around from place to place as we find an open campground. Not sure how that works nowadays, but it worked for years in the past. We never made reservations, we always got a site, and we moved every couple days so we were close to everything we wnated to see or do at least one time. I'm guessing now it's quite different ... We'll not go back for a while until the reservation and camping situtation changes - or perhaps never again. We've seen, we've photographed it, we've hiked it ... We've been cought in the snow. WHat did we miss??? ๐Ÿ™‚

We camp in the more isolated area so we can enjoy the experience -
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Looks like a parking lot with pedestals.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

That picture is no where near being close. It actually looks twice as far as when I was there in 2017!

That would depend on your definition of close. Hard to tell from a picture found online but the space between those RV's is no more than 12' max.

I can tell you, we were far closer on 2017. Those pics look better than what we had to deal with! Looks like twice the room now!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Looks like a parking lot with pedestals.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

That picture is no where near being close. It actually looks twice as far as when I was there in 2017!

That would depend on your definition of close. Hard to tell from a picture found online but the space between those RV's is no more than 12' max.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
Have never stayed at FB, but for some reason, I thought the major changes were re-doing the utilities, ie: water & electric, I wasn't aware that they were doing any major physical changes to the sites, however, I have been known to be wrong before. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looking at the sat photo above the RV's seem to be more widely spaced with trees around each site. The original site was the large bare open field and the RV's were so close that we could clearly hear conversation in the next unit.
May be fewer sites tho.

This picture may tell you otherwise as its supposedly after the renovations. New asphalt and fresh concrete. Mr Airstream looks like he could not run his awning out without hitting toy hauler guy, and toy hauler guy looks like his picnic table is 6' to 8' from Mr Airstreams truck. If it was a field before do they have super fast growing trees or did they transplant mature ones?

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is