cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Panama City Beach campsite...How mucchh???

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Myself and my wife have just bought a pop up camper, preparing for our epic US road trip in April 2019.

Im sure i will pop up with different destinations, but were struggling with PCB. Were looking towards free and $20. Checking google it seems tough to get under $40.

Any Suggestions? even close by that we can drive into PCB the next morning.

Thanks in advance for any help.
18 REPLIES 18

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
If you enjoy fishing spring is a great time to be there.

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer
cindik wrote:
Jandy2015 wrote:
Haha there cant be this much love for St Andrews and not book. We are now proud owners of a reservation for St andrews in april 2019. Looks beautiful. Thanks again all.

After St. Andrews, scoot on up to Henderson Beach. You will absolutely love it! We have been going there for several years. Just came back today, and counting down till I can make reservations for next year!

Thanks for the heads up!

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Jandy2015 wrote:
Haha there cant be this much love for St Andrews and not book. We are now proud owners of a reservation for St andrews in april 2019. Looks beautiful. Thanks again all.

After St. Andrews, scoot on up to Henderson Beach. You will absolutely love it! We have been going there for several years. Just came back today, and counting down till I can make reservations for next year!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
This campground is about 30 miles from Panama Beach:

https://www.lakelubbers.com/dunford-lake-1262/

I reviewed the referenced website and then went to Google Earth to check out Dunford Lake. I didn't see any signs of an organized campground there and only a possibility of a place or two where one might be able to boondock.

The only camping mentioned in the article is in the Econfina Creek Water Management Area a few miles east of Dunford Lake.

If indeed camping is allowed at Dunford Lake I'd like to hear more about it - this is exactly the type of place where I enjoy camping.

Thanks.
Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
Having a pop up it is a little easier to get into st Andrews. The last sites to book are the 20โ€™ sites. Definitely one of our favorite places, and on their website it says no reservations after September of 19. Adding 50 amp sites and the addition of a sewer system. If they add sewer I bet it would be impossible to get a spot there.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This campground is about 30 miles from Panama Beach:

https://www.lakelubbers.com/dunford-lake-1262/

Anytime you get in a prime area you'll pay lots more. If you're willing to do a short drive you can lower costs. Good luck!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
In PCB St Andrews is the best option. a little further west you have Grayton Beach SP, Topsail Hill SP and still further Henderson Beach SP. All require reservations 11 months out. Forget the $20 a night, not happening.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
St. Andrews, but reserve 11 months out to get a site!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

Jandy2015
Explorer
Explorer
really appreciate all the responses. Will have a good look into all of those auggestions..

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Join Passport America - 50% off at 1800 participating parks across the US. Also see freecampsites.net for low cost, boondocking, city, county and some free parks. Harvest Hosts is another opportunity for free stays at hosts homes, wineries, farms etc.

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Try a little farther south at St. George Island State Park. Loved it. Only a few people on the beach. Only bad was the mosquitoes. It is away from tourist area.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
St. Andrews State Park

X3
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Camsmom
Explorer
Explorer
ST Andrews state park is one of our favourite parks ever. I think it is around 30$ per night, but well worth it.