cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paducah, Kentucky question

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Are are planning an extended vacation in September. We plan to stop in Paducah, Kentucky. For those who have been there, how many days should we plan in order to see everything. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you and for the recommendation for the campground and restaurant. I think we will probably play 3 days. DH plans to work in the mornings while I go to the quilt shops then we will have lunch together and tour during afternoons and early evenings. I am a quilter and he likes looking at machines etc, but spending time looking at fabric will be time spent moaning and groaning.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
The huge quilt show will be back next year in late April.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quilters Mecca. The flood wall and the murals. About it
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Matt_Colie wrote:
Reader,

As I recall, and we are museum people, there was a railroad museum that was worth the effort only if you were in town already. The quilt museum is a real experience even if you don't care about quilts at all. But most of all, drive the entire flood wall for the murals....

Matt

I agree with Matt. We stayed at Fern Lake Campground, itโ€™s older but clean. There is a Mexican restaurant right across the street, El Torito, very clean, the food and service are great.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
I will agree on all of that thatโ€™s been mentioned. If your going to drive to Union City and are into guns and such donโ€™t miss Dixie Gun Works lots to see there too.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
I second Matt on the quilt museum and the flood wall murals we camp at Land between the lakes Hillman ferry campground and take a day trip into Paducah,it is about 30 miles.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Reader,

As I recall, and we are museum people, there was a railroad museum that was worth the effort only if you were in town already. The quilt museum is a real experience even if you don't care about quilts at all. But most of all, drive the entire flood wall for the murals....

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `Paducah tourism' and read on. DO NOT try to get a site during the quilting festival which, I think, lasts two weeks.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I think every city, especially if you have never been, is fun to see/check-out. Not too far from there (south) is Union City, TN, where they have 'Discovery Park'. Very interesting...... they have everything, an aquarium, car collection (very nice), military collection (tanks, vehicles, guns, etc.) and lots of things for kids. It will take at least two days to make a dent to check-out the majority of what they have.

Just don't speed anywhere in Union City (electronic ticket camera's). :R

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently it's a big draw for quilters. Just searched 'paducah' on here
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Iโ€™d say only 1, 2 at the very most. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s a very interesting place but I work there and have been there all my life.