cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Coast State Parks/September

bradyk
Explorer
Explorer
2 units of us are going to travel the Oregon coast for the 2nd and 3rd week of September. We would like to stay at the state parks and maybe do a setup at the north end for several days and the southern section for a several days. Anyone have any good suggestions for places to stay that are sized ok for pickup and 30 ft trailers. I have heard some places are a little small. First trip for us and is a wish list maybe last big RV trip for the inlaws who are getting up there in years so would like it to be nice. Is there still a lot of crowding in the parks then as well? I know up north camping starts to thin out a bit but with better weather there I am thinking they still are going out.
Anything anyone can add is appreciated.
2001 Chevrolet 2500hd Silverado LT 4x4 6.0L/4.10
2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Champion 4000W Generator
Champion 2000W Generator x 2
Ken & Sandra
Yugi Dog, Jet Dog
6 REPLIES 6

JonesKid
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion... middle-late September...can be the BEST weather of the entire year on the Oregon Coast! Let's hope this September is as nice as 2012. Enjoy!

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We like Ft Stevens near Astoria for the north and Harris Beach near CA border for south both have sites that can can accomodate you. Both have plenty tpo do near them and are nice campgrounds.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the Oregon coastal state parks are still very popular in September. If you don't reserve, make sure you get in by noon. Ft. Stevens, Beverly Beach, South Beach, in fact just about all of the state parks are wonderful. Another really great state park on the ocean is Cape Disappointment in Ilwaco, WA, just across the river to the north. Well worth a stop.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Late September, north end...Ft. Stevens State Park. Great area, lots to do, lots of services.
TIP: try to get sites in the upper loops.

But, any of the Oregon State Parks will accommodate your rigs easily.
Have a good trip.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say enough good things about Bullards Beach and the surrounding area,.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest just about any of the Oregon State Parks. Your 30' RV would fit just fine. All three of these have nice beach access and are in areas with lots to do. I would also suggest you choose 3 areas of the coast:

North - Fort Stevens by Astoria
Mid - Carl Washburn by Florence
South - Bullard Beach, Bandon

Have a good trip. It won't be crowded at all.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel