cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newport Ky. And the people bridge.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone spent the day in Newport and walked across the bridge to the Reds ballpark. We will be there for a day in Sept. Any thoughts. We will be staying about 30 miles south and going to the Ark.
9 REPLIES 9

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
does the boats accommodate mobility scooters?

lazydays wrote:
I always take the boat ride over to the ballpark. It's beside Hooters, you can't mess it. They drop you off right at the Ball Park and leave at different times before the game ends and when it's over. Beats walking for me.

I'm not sure they do but you could contact them and ask. Look up Queen City Game Day Shuttles.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
does the boats accommodate mobility scooters?

lazydays wrote:
I always take the boat ride over to the ballpark. It's beside Hooters, you can't mess it. They drop you off right at the Ball Park and leave at different times before the game ends and when it's over. Beats walking for me.

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I've walked from the levee to the ballpark, and just across the bridge many times. Even did it while completely drunk once. It's not that far really. I always park under the aquarium.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks and yes, that's the state park we will be staying at.

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of parking at the Levee and easily accessible from the interstate. I assume you meant you'll be staying at Big Bone Lick State Park, so you'll be traveling I-75 north to I-275 east to I-471 north, exiting off the Newport/Bellevue exit and turning left. The Levee is about a quarter/ half mile off the exit. Lots of parking garage and paid lot parking available. You can also take I-75 north straight into downtown Cincinnati, wrap around Great American Ballpark, and get onto I-471 to Newport, but it's road construction season here in Northern Kentucky, so the first route I said might be better to go with.

If German food is your thing, check out the Hofbrahaus restaurant right across the street from the Levee. Pretty cool place.
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Andy. Is the parking for the aquarium easy to access from the south? We will be camped at Big Skull Bones State Park.

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
The purple people bridge is right next to Newport on the Levee. Lots of shopping, restaurants, movie theatre, etc. (Axis Alley Bowling is a cool place to bowl, and they serve your food to you while you bowl). The Levee is also home to the Newport Aquarium-you have to check that out.

The bridge isn't far from Great American Ballpark. Believe me, you'll have NO problems getting Reds tickets. My Redlegs are absolutely horrible this year, but you'll find the ballpark experience is pretty cool. Lots of stuff to do for the kids inside the ballpark. Make sure and check out the Reds Hall of Fame, which is right next to the ballpark. Also check out The Banks, which is a bunch of restaurants, bars, etc. right next to the ballpark.

There will be plenty of places to park next to the ballpark if you decide to park nearby as opposed to walking the bridge. Parking will cost you in the area of $15, but the summers get pretty steamy around here, so you may want to think about that walk across the bridge.
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Walking to reds park from newport is a trek.