cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Orleans RV Resorts

Luna18
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for your favorite RV Resort in New Orleans or near by ??
I have looked at a few and still cant decide....several are just gravel sites...and some are asphalt like a parking lot and $$$$

This would be in the range of May of next year....

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
C20 wrote:
We stay at ponchitrain landing. Cheap shuttle,bar and bands on site. Pool too. French quarter RV park is nice but not safe to walk to after dark. But would be a cheaper Uber or cab ride than the landing.

I had no issues with walking in the area after dark . There is a police station within steps of FQ RV .
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

C20
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at ponchitrain landing. Cheap shuttle,bar and bands on site. Pool too. French quarter RV park is nice but not safe to walk to after dark. But would be a cheaper Uber or cab ride than the landing.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

mjd190
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends on how long you want to stay, and what you want to do when there. We stayed at the KOA, and really had no complaints. However, it took between an hour to an hour and a half on the bus to get to downtown. The first two days we enjoyed it as a tourist experience. After that, it is just a long way. The shuttle was completely booked up when we arrived, so it was not an option. Looking back I think I would have booked a couple nights at the French quarter Rv resort for the days in New Orleans, and then picked something outside the city. We also stayed at Fontainbleau State Park and enjoyed that, but it would be a long drive into the city. If you like to bike the Mississippi River trail is easily accessed from the KOA.

All_about_the_B
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed a week at New Orleans West KOA for a week in 2016. What nice people! They changed our reserved site to one with more shade as it was quite hot. This was their idea, I had not said anything about shade. Site was great, location is really easy to explore the area from. Ask at the office and they can give you great tips about where to park for free and ride the street car to the quarter or just a tour of NOLA. They made a wonderful experience for us. I was concerned about some reviews that the campground was in the city. Never was an issue and is not really in a city setting. This is in my list of top ten just because of what a great time we had and how helpful the office was.
2003 Dodge Diesel 4X4 Quad
2019 Jayco 29.5 BHOK Fifth Wheel

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We planned to spend 3 weeks over Christmas last year in New Orleans. I wanted to stay at Bayou Segnette SP but they wouldn't budge on their 2 week limit (which is cool- I get it). So we stayed at the New Orleans West KOA. We liked it.

Ironically only stayed 3 days because it was dang cold and we wanted Christmas warmth! Ended up in Florida. ๐Ÿ˜„
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

charming
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Pontchartrain Landing twice last year and we're planning to go back for Christmas. Yes, the lots are small, but many are pull through and the staff will help you park. I like the lots that are visible to the canal. Both times we stayed they had a good discount for weekly visits. It is not easy to find the first time out, but we think it is well worth it.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back we did Bayou Segnette SP. The neighbourhood did not seem like a place to leave your vehicle but the CG felt quite secure once in.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Ponchartrain Landing. The shuttle is inexpensive so you don't need a separate vehicle, the sites are big enough and the facilities are clean with a friendly and helpful staff. Will be back again.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Did you search this Forum for New Orleans in the RV Parks section?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Class A that qualifies the French Quarter RV resort is very nice and expensive. But what you get for that is walking distance to the Quarter.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at the KOA just west of town.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I liked Ponchartrain Landing because it is a PassportAmerica park good for one week (some are only PPA for 3 days or so), had the shuttle to downtown (very handy), and it was fairly easy to get to in a big ol' class A.

There's a bar/restaurant on the grounds, and although the sites are gravel and relatively small and sparce, I was there to visit New Orleans not the RV park. Wifi was weak but usable. Cell reception was great so that's a way to get Wifi if needed.

Really loved that shuttle. Used it nearly everyday for the week I stayed there.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.