cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NASCAR in Daytona 2016

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
It's that time of year again; the beginning of the NASCAR season.
I'll be there from the 12th thru the 21st.

Anybody else going in their RV ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"
23 REPLIES 23

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
NASCAR killed the goose that laid the golden eggs for me. Done with it. It is losing spectators like crazy for a reason

To each his own. Can't argue with your opinion because it is just YOUR opinion.

In this case, it is not based on fact though.
No actual attendance numbers are being released and haven't for several years but the general consensus is that they have turned the corner and attendance was actually UP last year. Of course, when you are down far enough it's hard to go anywhere but UP.

I attended about 8 races last year and the stands were full or nearly full at every one of them.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
JupiterRT wrote:
I enjoy the Atlanta race....

I like the Atlanta venue..but not the race itself.

Mile and a half tracks have been a problem; the cars get all strung out and nobody passes anybody and nothing happens pretty much the whole "race". I hope the new aero package helps change that. I've even thought that all the cars should have a little electronic gadget like the road racers have that lights a light on the top of the car that is actually in the lead.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
NASCAR killed the goose that laid the golden eggs for me. Done with it. It is losing spectators like crazy for a reason
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy the Atlanta race....even with the early date. Have a nice spot with full hookup directly in front of speedway, so camping is pretty comfortable irregardless of temps. Headed to Bristol as well for April race...

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:

If we were going to Daytona, we'd probably just veer off to the right instead at I-4 and just keep on going to Disneyworld. :B

Yep I know how that goes. I'm just the opposite though as my uncle was an architect on the original Mouse project so I got all of that I wanted years ago......and it hasn't really changed that much, except for the price.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
When I was growing up, we were avid race fans. I pretty much idolized David Pearson when I was a kid. We went to Charlotte (World 600 and National 500) and Darlington (Rebel 500 and Southern 500) twice every year.

But its lost it for me for the most part. Yes, I'm getting older but that has only a little to do with it. It just isn't the same. I know things change but somehow, I've grown tired of it and really have no desire to go see one.

If we were going to Daytona, we'd probably just veer off to the right instead at I-4 and just keep on going to Disneyworld. :B

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
I went to Atlanta last year.....and froze my butt off.
Not going this year. Maybe next year.
It seems like a LOT of fans don't like the early date there as the speedway has been BEGGING people to come with all kinds of special offers.
Good luck.

I've been to Daytona a lot since I don't live that far away.
I've done the tour. The new facilities are REALLY nice.
My next adventure is the Richard Petty driving experience.....hopefully.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

elmerfudd51
Explorer
Explorer
envy you going to Daytona. our first trip of 16' will be to Martinsville in early April.

enjoy yourself and take the trolley tour ontrack if it available during speedweeks.
2020 F350 4x4 6.2 2020
2020 Catalina Trailblazer

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
Not Daytona.....but headed to Atlanta the following week.