cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MCCS Camp Pendleton

big_jeff1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we have a trip planned at Camp Pendleton and were taking our travel trailer there. We are leaving from Tucson and it will be a long and exciting trip. Any advice? Road tips, Marine Base etiquette, etc..
9 REPLIES 9

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Salute officers. Donโ€™t salute enlisted.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did not know that military training bases were tourist attractions.
You may have trouble getting past the gate.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently staying at MCCS on MCLB Albany. Much smaller base than Camp Pendleton. No particular different protocol from anywhere else. Except you are on base, so subject to vehicle inspection and security requirements of any Marine Base. You will be required to show ID each time you go through gate, and will likely have to get a temporary pass for Camp Pen. If you carry any type weapon, you need to register it (not sure how Camp Pen and California deal with that issue). My shotgun I had to know serial, model, purchase date and list a secure method of storing. I would check the Marine Base guide for the location to be sure. also check MCCS Camp Pendleton for details.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Cayote_Melon
Explorer
Explorer
The old Territorial Prison in Yuma is very interesting and worth the stop. Anza-Borrego Desert is also pretty nice and you might want to check out the Salton Sea since youll be close.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Some Basic info
San Onofre

If you are not retired Military or otherwise authorized you will need your Marine to sign you into the facility.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
big_jeff wrote:
Hi all, we have a trip planned at Camp Pendleton and were taking our travel trailer there. We are leaving from Tucson and it will be a long and exciting trip. Any advice? Road tips, Marine Base etiquette, etc..

Make your reservations NOW!!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Marine Base etiquette"

Good luck getting on base if you are not active duty, retired military etc. with ID.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to fill your fuel tank before entering Calif. Currently, at local Costco regular gas is $3.45 and local Arco diesel is $4.09.:(
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you military??? AD, retired???
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic