cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mammoth lake to Yosemite

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am planning to drive from Southern CA to Mammoth lake this weekend. We currently book only 1 day at Mammoth Rv park. We may stay longer, but if we do not like it, we think about driving to Yosemite.
Which park in Yosemite do you recommend in this time of the year? Something that is along the way and easily accessible.

In an event where no RV parks are available, what do you recommend to do?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cody, maybe I am misunderstanding your post -- but are you planning to go to the Yosemite area on Easter weekend without a reservation?? I'm a big advocate of just "winging it," but not on holiday weekends near national parks.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
After decades of tent camping in Yosemite, mostly in August, our first RV trip was to Yosemite in the last week of March. I wanted to see it in the spring. We got snowed in at Upper Pines and was only able to leave via the road to Merced.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
The only way into Yosemite this time of year is from the west -- through Fresno or Mariposa. I can't advise you on full hook up camping near Yosemite. I have only tent camped or dry camped inside the park.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I would turn off on Hwy 58 and shoot for Yosemite, unless you think one day in the snow is fun. Make reservations either way. Over a 6 hour drive from Mammoth to Yosemite in a car 320 miles and that's the short way..

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will take a long time to get from Mammoth Lakes to Yosemite until June.
Yosemite is a NP and has no RV parks. It is very difficult to find hookups in the Park. You can commute from outside the Park if you get there.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Neither 108 or 120 was open last week when I was in Lone Pine/Bishop, and it has snowed since then.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
If going from Mammoth Lakes to Yosemite be sure to check to see if Hwy 120 is open. Still a little early. JM2ยข

Alxcook
Explorer
Explorer
That is not a quick drive this time of year, you must go all the way around. All that white stuff has Tioga Pass closed until mid May for sure. Sorry, no idea on the parks around Yosemite.