cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maine Coastal Campground Suggestions

ajett1954
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in spending two weeks on the coast of Maine in September 2024 and are looking for recommendations. We have a 24โ€™ Class C RV.
Thank you,
Alan
11 REPLIES 11

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Tvov wrote:
I always recommend Acadia National Park, which includes Bar Harbor. There are a bunch of campgrounds in that area, including two inside the park that have limited (or no) hookups. We have stayed at Blackwoods campground inside the park a few times.

Great place to hike and bike.
Or try the forgotten part of Acadia, Schoodic Woods CG, great CG, a bit of a drive back to Bar Harbor, but well worth it. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/251833

I just checked... and they have changed! Years ago Schoodic Woods did not have reservations, it was just first come - first served... which is a big part of why we didn't stay there. Looks like they turned that around and require reservations.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tvov wrote:
I always recommend Acadia National Park, which includes Bar Harbor. There are a bunch of campgrounds in that area, including two inside the park that have limited (or no) hookups. We have stayed at Blackwoods campground inside the park a few times.

Or try the forgotten part of Acadia, Schoodic Woods CG, great CG, a bit of a drive back to Bar Harbor, but well worth it. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/251833
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shore Hills Campground in Boothbay Harbor is a very good campground too.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look into the Camden, rockport, rockland part of ME. Charming upscale seaport area with shops about. Hiking, kayaking in the area also. We stayed at Camden Hills State Park but there is plenty more choices to stay in the area. With in a day trip to Acadia.

https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/maine/camden

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
That KOA is way overpriced.

Yes, for many it's out of reach. My attitude is if it's where I want to be when I want to be there it's not "overpriced", it's just cost of doing business so-to-speak. I consider myself very lucky.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
Bar Harbor KOA. Beautiful sunsets, lobster dinners, good amenities but pricey.

That KOA is way overpriced.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Bar Harbor KOA. Beautiful sunsets, lobster dinners, good amenities but pricey.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moorings RV park near Belfast is ocean front. Well maintained. Short drive into Belfast or Searsport. About an hour drive to Acadia NP.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Searsport Shores.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Try Wells Beach Resort. We have stayed a few times although not recently and always enjoyed the walk to an awesome beach.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member