cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for CGs with limited/no generator hours

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
I'm compiling a list of campgrounds with no hookups that either (1) don't allow generators at all, or (2) allow them only during specific, limited hours. I know most places have "quiet hours" overnight, but I'm looking for ones that have specific hours for generator use.

For example, at Yosemite, generators are allowed only from 7am to 9am, noon to 2pm, and 5pm to 7pm. That's what I'm looking for. Or places that don't allow them at all.

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
starcraft69 wrote:
Sound's like you are putting together a publication to sell online, and we are your research team?? LOL

Nope. I've seen that very thing happen, and unwittingly provided material. I don't want to be on either side of that equation.

This really is for my own use. There's one place I'd like to see ban, or at least limit, generators, and I wanted to be able to provide examples they could follow. It can take some real digging to get the information, and having names of places that are likely candidates really helps. Thanks, y'all.

But also, I realized that since I've been on the road for so long, I'm increasingly interested in places to be rather than things to see. I actively enjoy living on solar, and am just trying to find places where I can do that without listening to generators, or worrying that I'm going to have to listen to them all day long.

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Vermont state parks (all of them with campgrounds) have no hookups and limited generator hours, as I recall generally 8-10 AM and something like 5-7 PM. I think the New York state parks are similar.

Enforcement may occasionally be hit-or-miss. Most people are reasonably considerate, in my experience.

As a courtesy, I always ask at check-in. I had one 'ranger' that said no generators.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Just choose campgrounds that offer elec. It would be a rare bird that would run his genset when he has a hookup.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Sound's like you are putting together a publication to sell online, and we are your research team?? LOL
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Padlin wrote:
I don't recall staying in public campgrounds without generator hours, and that's all I stay in? Although I can't say I ask about it.

FS and BLM campgrounds don't usually have any genny rules posted. I don't think I've ever seen one that did.

I guess it's just the more populated cg's that have generator rules. State parks.

Good to know, don't have much in the way of FS and BLM land this side of the country. Now that we're traveling to the west more it may save me from getting pissed at someone when they are following the rules, or lack there of.

Generators do pretty much spoil the peace and quiet when that's what you are looking for.

Might be easier to make a list of CG's that have no generator hours.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Padlin wrote:
I don't recall staying in public campgrounds without generator hours, and that's all I stay in? Although I can't say I ask about it.

FS and BLM campgrounds don't usually have any genny rules posted. I don't think I've ever seen one that did.

I guess it's just the more populated cg's that have generator rules. State parks.

Good to know, don't have much in the way of FS and BLM land this side of the country. Now that we're traveling to the west more it may save me from getting pissed at someone when they are following the rules, or lack there of.

Generators do pretty much spoil the peace and quiet when that's what you are looking for.

Might be easier to make a list of CG's that have no generator hours.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
14 Escape 5.0 TA

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
2 many 2 wrote:
William Heise County Park
4945 Heise Park Road, Julian, CA 92036
Park: (760) 765-0650
Reservations: (858) 565-3600, (877) 565-3600
William Heise

No Generators allowed in the RV loop that has electric hook ups, sites 1 through 20.

8am to 10pm everywhere else.

Well duh! If you have power, why would you need your generator?!? Unless maybe I'm missing something...
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 CCLB Auto
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Padlin wrote:

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lake Durant Campground
Blue Mountain Lake in the Adirondacks.

The use of electric generators may be limited to no more than 5 hours per day and fall between the hours of 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Violators of this policy may be evicted.

memorable because reallly, 9am is too late- we were gone by then every day!
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Padlin wrote:
I don't recall staying in public campgrounds without generator hours, and that's all I stay in?

me either.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Have you ever thought about just boondocking by yourself on national forest lands, BLM lands? It can be nice and quiet. We had solar and we did that quite often.

Sure, I've done that. I've been fulltiming, with solar, for 12 years--I've pretty much done it all. :B

I'm just looking for other options.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you ever thought about just boondocking by yourself on national forest lands, BLM lands? It can be nice and quiet. We had solar and we did that quite often.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
Would it be rude to ask just why you want this list? It seems rather pointless.

Actually, I think the rude part would be calling my request pointless.

But since you asked, I don't like listening to generators all day long.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
14 Escape 5.0 TA