cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Locating dump station - Mountain Park CO

jason_locklin
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Mountain Park, CO about 40 miles west of Ft. Collins. We have a family of 5 and the campground doesn't have a dump station. We are staying a week and I'm a bit worried about not having a dump station on site.

Is anyone familiar with this area to recommend a dump station nearby? Are there any ways to locate such a place online? I know that Corp of Engineers campgrounds will charge a small fee ($4 or 5) to dump but I'm not sure if there are any in that area.

Jason
6 REPLIES 6

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
jason.locklin wrote:
We are planning a trip to Mountain Park, CO about 40 miles west of Ft. Collins. We have a family of 5 and the campground doesn't have a dump station. We are staying a week and I'm a bit worried about not having a dump station on site.

Is anyone familiar with this area to recommend a dump station nearby? Are there any ways to locate such a place online? I know that Corp of Engineers campgrounds will charge a small fee ($4 or 5) to dump but I'm not sure if there are any in that area.

Jason

To address your specific concern about being there a week and not being able to dump, consider using the very nice showers (coin operated)/restrooms there; perhaps encourage the kiddos to use those instead of your own facilities.

As mentioned, depending on which direction you're headed from Mountain Park, there's the Colorado State Forest SP facility which is 40 miles west, or there's the KOA at the intersection of US 287/CO 14 at Ted's Place. I'm pretty sure the KOA still will allow dumping for a fee. There's nothing closer.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to suggest Horsetooth as well. If you end up needing to dump after you leave, which direction are you heading? If you're headed south, there's a dump station at Cabela's near 144th Ave and I-25, or at the truck stop on the west side of I-25 near Highway 52. If you're headed north, there's a free dump station at the Wyoming state line as part of the visitor center.

Also, if the campground has toilets, use those and just reserve the camper toilet for at night and you should be fine.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
There are dump stations at Horsetooth Reservoir just west of Ft. Collins and at the Colorado State Forest (take CO 14 over Cameron Pass).

However, you have to have a park pass and campground registration to access the dump at the State Forest. So you might want to stay there for one night just to use the dump. The dump station is located off County Road 41 (on road to the shop) just past the entrance station. They do have one campground (Ranger Lakes) with electric hookups.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are no waste dumps anywhere along the Poudre River between Ted's Place (intersection of Hwy 287 and Hwy 14). There is a KOA at that intersection that use to allow dumping for a price. I don't know if that is currently the case. Guess you could call them.
Going west up the Poudre River and Hwy14 there is a state Park campground near Gould,Co. They do have a dump but you need to have a park pass which you could purchase at The Colorado State Park Hqs just prior to Gould on the lest hand side of Hwy14.

There is a city of Walden, Co dump on the NE side of town that is public for a donation the last time I was through there.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
As you gain more RV experience your eyes will spot dump station signs. Rarely an issue.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Sanidumps webpage for Windows PCs.

https://www.sanidumps.com/find.php

There are also phone apps that do this, too.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)