cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Rock Arkansas for Thanksgiving

shirleyj62
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of stopping at Little Rock, Arkansas on our way south for the winter.

In researching Little Rock there are several campgrounds in the immediate vicinity: Maumelle COE, Burns Park, downtown Riverside RV park and Pinnacle Mountain State Park.

We like the idea of being on/near a bike path and the Arkansas River Trail definitely gives us many biking opportunities. Being in/near a city for Thanksgiving, I believe, will give us options of dining out for dinner, site seeing, etc.

I've read the reviews of each park, but wonder if others might have more info. For instance, Burns Park was mentioned as a full-timer campground. If so, are they full with no open sites? The Riverside RV park was mentioned as being in a bad section of town. How dangerous is it to stay or bike there?

I would appreciate additional comments on these parks.

Thank you,

Shirley
Shirley, David and Lady

2017 Sunseeker 3010 DS
2010 Toyota Yaris (toad)
6 REPLIES 6

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Maumelle Park on the river is our favorite. COE park so no full hook ups.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Pinnacle Mountain is a day use only park.

Haven't stayed at Riverside, but it and Burns Park are both run by the City of North Little Rock. Riverside is very near a crossing for hikers across the river into downtown Little Rock. Everyone I know who has stayed there liked it very much.

Maumelle is a very nice park as mentioned above. No formal bike trails but you can easily get in a mile long ride in the park.

Strongly recommend making reservations soon. Thanksgiving is often a very, very busy camping week across the south states. We stopped at Maumelle for a couple days in early Nov last year. The park was full, all sites occupied on the first Friday and Saturday nights of November.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another vote for Maumelle COE.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed Riverside, and never felt it was a bad neighborhood.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Maumelle would be my first choice. Large park with wooded campsites. Walk down to the river.

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Riverside RV park with no problems. We enjoyed watching the river roll by as well as walking across the foot bridge to the other side. We will stay again at some point (brother in law in Sheridan).