Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KY Bourbon Trail camping

mattdenryter
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
Taking a trip in June to visit the Kentuckty Bourbon trail. Looking for suggestions of campgrounds that are reasonably close and pleasnt to stay at. Thanks everyone.
4 REPLIES 4

melandme
Explorer
Explorer
I second Taylorsville State Park. It is about 5 miles from my house. The farthest distilleries(Town Branch and Beam) would be about an hour away. All the rest would be 45 minutes or less. The Horse Park has a big bluegrass festival around the 2nd week in June which fills the campground and the overflow camp in fields. Enjoy your trip to KY.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Elkhorn on the way back from the Big Adventure. Try to get a site in the back. The site we were on was in need of some TLC, but the place was clean and well run. Drove right by some distilleries on the way to the park.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Kentucky Horsepark Campground.

It was nice, centrally located, clean. Our site was level and there were maybe 5 other rigs in the campground. Others feel differently.

KHP reviews
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Taylorsville Lake State Park. Good location for lots of stuff. Did lots of driving tours. Went to the Jim Beam brewery. Had a fantastic time at the State Park. Lots of hiking available too. Would I do it again! Absolutely YES!

Hard and fast rule ... dogs MUST be on a leash. It's because they have lots of horses there.