cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

James Island County Park, Charleston SC places to eat/see

4fromOH
Explorer
Explorer
This is our third trip to James Island, so we've done Patriot's Point and Fort Sumter. It's looking like we'll have a couple days of rain, so I'm looking for indoor places to visit and some good places to eat! We have family driving down from OH to stay in one of the cottages at the park while we camp. We'll have kids ranging from 4 to 15 to entertain :)When the weather is decent, we'll have plenty to keep us busy. But the rain is posing a little bit of stress! If it were just us, we'd hunker down and enjoy the rain ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for any ideas you might want to share!
14 REPLIES 14

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Great places to eat..

Hominy Grill
Jestine's Kitchen
Melvin's Legendary BBQ

Of course there are more upscale places such as McCrady's, Husk etc. Tripadvisor and Urbanspoon are your friends.
-jbh-

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Old Slave Mart

Angel Oak Tree

Magnolia Cemetery

Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon

Charles Towne Landing

HL Hunley

Folly Beach Crabshack

Some of these are outside attractions to think about is the weather cooperates
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

4fromOH
Explorer
Explorer
Y'all are awesome! Thank you so much for the great ideas! I'm excited to go try some of these places!! I love this group! I've always gotten the best advise here. It's greatly appreciated!

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
rvluversnc93 wrote:
Try Bowen's Island Seafood. IT's on the right going towards Folly Beach on Folly RD. There is a sign and then drive out to the end of the road. You want regret it. Excellent seafood and great atmosphere/scenery!

X2

Food is great, nice atmosphere but don't expect white table cloths.

Also try the crab shack in Folly Beach or the Crab house on the Intracoastal Waterway (145 Wappoo Creek Drive)
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Charleston Model Train Club, in the Citadel Mall. It's free

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
S. Carolina Aquarium - yes. Also check out the H. L. Hunley at the Warren Lasch facility in N. Charleston. Usually only open on weekends (the conservators work on it during the week) it is (to me anyway) a fascinating piece of history. If you're there, check out Sesame Burger (just a bit further north) for an incredible selection of burgers and beer.

We've been to both Hyman's & Bubba Gump's. The former has a more extensive selection of seafood but the quality of both is good.

If the weather cooperates a bit, check out Magnolia Plantation.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Downtown, there is Hymans Seafood, 215 Meeting St, we go there every trip. For a quick good New York style deli, East Bay Deli. Several Museums in the area and a pretty good Aquarium. Patriots Point, Boone Hall Plantation are pretty nice too.

rvluversnc93
Explorer
Explorer
Try Bowen's Island Seafood. IT's on the right going towards Folly Beach on Folly RD. There is a sign and then drive out to the end of the road. You want regret it. Excellent seafood and great atmosphere/scenery!
Happy Camping !!

Derek - FD Battalion Chief
Teresa - Technology Assistant
Hers - 11 Dodge Charger
His - 04.5 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD Q-Cab
(Real Trucks Don't Have SparkPlugs)
2011 Canyon Trail Fiver

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The city is full of historical buildings and museums. I also like Ft Moultrie and found it interesting. If you have never eaten at Hyman's downtown it is worth the trip down there.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
2nd vote for the "Hominy Grill". Try to go on a nice warm day as they have some outdoor dining available. It is not far from MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) I went there frequently for a while a couple of years ago. Recommend them for what ails you.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

4fromOH
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much! Looking them up now ๐Ÿ™‚

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's the Trip Advisor link to buttons for attractions and restaurants in that area. The reviews are helpful too.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Charleston+County+SC&geo=&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
NOT sure of many indoor spaces.
I just know lots of outdoor things to do.
We are headed that way for 2015 spring break. Hoping for great weather as it will be 8 camping families.
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Good Eats ---

Hominy Grill

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.