cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Iowa Campgrounds

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
FYI! Iowa Governors list of businesses ordered closed included campgrounds.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)
17 REPLIES 17

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
olfarmer wrote:
I disagree with our Ia governor on this. It is a lot easier to social distance in a camp ground than a Walmart etc. Also there were some doctors and medical professionals staying in camp grounds to keep their families safe! Our governor shut down small shoe stores and clothing stores etc. but left big box stores open, that makes no sense to me. I think it should be mandatory for all store workers and customers to wear a mask but that is also not the case. It sees to me that common sense is not being used by our officials! This is not meant to be a political post just an opinion about what should be happening.

Yep. Here in IL pool stores are closed. I drained cleaned and filled my hot tub. I needed a couple chemicals and I called to make sure they were open. They werenโ€™t. They were closed because they said they werenโ€™t essential. Not sure how that could be. I guess the state wants peopleโ€™s hot tubs to be unhealthy. Fortunately my water tested good after I refilled it and I ordered what I needed from Amazon.

And this is how states are going to lose tax revenue by keeping necessary places closed! Things need to change soon.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I disagree with our Ia governor on this. It is a lot easier to social distance in a camp ground than a Walmart etc. Also there were some doctors and medical professionals staying in camp grounds to keep their families safe! Our governor shut down small shoe stores and clothing stores etc. but left big box stores open, that makes no sense to me. I think it should be mandatory for all store workers and customers to wear a mask but that is also not the case. It sees to me that common sense is not being used by our officials! This is not meant to be a political post just an opinion about what should be happening.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, I wonder how long it takes before they start seeing no money coming into the state from tourists. Yes, this is all about money and we will see it in the end that, that's all it's about.

Things are getting out of hand! And I'm not talking about the people traveling I'm talking about the way people are alarmed at something that we have no control over and is going to do what it needs to do. This is natures way of telling us there are too many people around! Sorry to be blunt, but that's what it is. Most of the deaths were from people that were going to die within a year. Almost everyone that was healthy before they got it has recovered (notice I don't say survive!)
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mayor 30, yes, hotels are open "depending". Here in Yuma, AZ. they are open and friends traveling north to go home for the summer have used hotels/motels. In Vegas, it seems like if the hotel or motel is not physically connected by buildings they can be open. Some REV parks going north are open. Personally, I don't see why the RV parks can't be open. Make it so you must be self contained ( there bathrooms closed) and put the money in thru a window or a temporary Iron Ranger. I sure wouldn't want to use a hotel/motel at this time. In our own rig we would be good to go. By the way, we lived in Chambersburg for 50 plus years.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
WE live in Pa. My stepson works for a hotel chain. They are open. It doesn't seem to make sense why hotels can remain open but not campgrounds. Are hotels open in other states too?

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
So if private campgrounds are open itโ€™s ok to travel?

Iry, do you see what the Iowa governor is saying by closing state campgrounds? Donโ€™t travel! Quit looking for loopholes.
Some snowbirds will need to get back home for medical appointments , take care of their property etc. Also, there may be full timers in some of these campgrounds and they will be forced to move.

dedmiston
Tax_Man wrote:
Facebook is not a reliable news source. IMO.

Not compared to RV.NET it isn't. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I've been reading several articles and an RV group on Facebook about the Covid-19 stuff.

There is a lot of information being presented. Some good but most is not. IMO. Facebook is not a reliable news source. IMO. This post is my opinion and most are not going like most of this. Too bad.

I realize that there are carriers of this virus, as with the flu and others, that are unaware. But there does not need to be any berating of people. If you berate then you are ..........

These stay at home orders come from people we elected. They are listening to others. They are NOT using common sense. "Locking down" a state and expecting the streets to be vacant like those in a 1950s nuclear war movie is not going to happen.

Many RV parks and campgrounds have been closed. Why not apartment complexes? RVs in a campground or RV park are probably more "stay at home" because there are no hallways to navigate. Fulltimers, or even those that are part time, are like apartment dwellers. They just take the apartment with them.

There is more I'd say but..

Stay safe..
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
And this is EXACTLY how it should be for the foreseeable future, maybe until June. Too many people cannot be trusted to stay far enough away from others at this time. 28 young adults came back from Puerto Vallarta....all were infected with Covid19. This is why these campgrounds are closed, not because of you or I.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
cavie wrote:
Executive wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
If it's like other states stay in place orders it only pertains to state owned campgrounds not privately owned.

Obviously, Iowa is not like other states...Dennis

Long term and permanent residences are exempt. You can't put a full timer in an RV out on the street.

But it's also meant to keep full timers OFF the ROAD. Stay put..wherever you are. Discretionary travel is not warranted at this time...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
If it's like other states stay in place orders it only pertains to state owned campgrounds not privately owned.

Obviously, Iowa is not like other states...Dennis

Long term and permanent residences are exempt. You can't put a full timer in an RV out on the street.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Long term tenants and permanent tenants residing at the campground are exempt. That is a good thing for any full-timers there.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Connecticut shut all state and private parks a week ago.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So if private campgrounds are open itโ€™s ok to travel?

Iry, do you see what the Iowa governor is saying by closing state campgrounds? Donโ€™t travel! Quit looking for loopholes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad