cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP-need CG near Sturbridge, Mass

notlost
Explorer
Explorer
my niece is getting married in august at Sturbridge, Ma. i need a campground for the week. i don't mind traveling a bit to commute to the wedding, but i can't find any suitable cg.
here's what i need:
a) big rig park (we're 42')
b) elect/water (full hookup preferred but not essential)
c)safe
d) don't need any amenities in cg (laundry, showers,pool, etc)

the only cg's i see in the area got really bad reviews on rvparkreview and i'm hoping someone knows of someplace not listed there...

any help would be greatly appreciated-i'm starting to panic!
Dominic & Sue Ambrosino
Fulltimers Travelin' the U.S.A.
"All who wander are Not Lost"
2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder 42',Cat 525
12 REPLIES 12

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
demoon wrote:
Good luck and enjoy the area. Wish there were better alternatives close to Sturbridge. Tried to convince the Old Sturbridge Village administration to start on on some perfect land the owned. Nobody listned.

I agree, with I84, Old Sturbridge Village and the area being at the half way point for attractions up north, The area would be perfect for a campground. Wish someone would take the initiative and build a nice campground around there, they probable could make a awful lot of money.
My two cents also.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Another possibility is Partridge Hollow Campground, also in Monson.

Wells State Park is very handy and very nice, but does not have hookups.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
Live in the area, worked at Old Sturbridge Village for 20+ years. and we love to camp. The only place I would consider in the area is Sunsetview in Monson, http://www.sunsetview.com/index.asp
If you dont mind the drive, Boston Minuteman in Littleton is our favorite. No longer a KOA. It is a bit of a haul, but all highway, https://minutemancampground.com/

Avoid Jellystone at all costs.

Good luck and enjoy the area. Wish there were better alternatives close to Sturbridge. Tried to convince the Old Sturbridge Village administration to start on on some perfect land the owned. Nobody listned.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Could look into Wilderness Lake campground Just a few minutes off I84 and about 20 minutes west of Sturbridge.

average/middle of the road type campground.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Wells State Park in Sturbridge. I have not stayed there.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Monster9903
Explorer
Explorer
Jellystone Park in Sturbridge, in Brimfield there are a couple of parks one is Quinnebaug Cove. ๐Ÿ™‚
Charlie & Robin
Daughter Sam and Son Nate
2000 Chevy Silverado
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X18D

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.jellystonesturbridge.com
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
This place is on my "must go" list. A bit of a drive but gets good reviews.

Pine Acres

About 20 miles from Strubridge.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Windwalker55
Explorer
Explorer
I like using Allstays website. You can filter by private, state, county campgrounds, etc. I have brought up the Mass. map. Here is the link.

Mass. campground map
2007 Kodiak 160 Hybrid
"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir
My Blog

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind driving a bit, try the Minuteman KOA in Littleton. It's about 50 miles away. I haven't stayed there but reviews have been positive. You have direct access to I495, which you would take to Sturbridge.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
notlost wrote:
my niece is getting married in august at Sturbridge, Ma. i need a campground for the week. i don't mind traveling a bit to commute to the wedding, but i can't find any suitable cg.
here's what i need:
a) big rig park (we're 42')
b) elect/water (full hookup preferred but not essential)
c)safe
d) don't need any amenities in cg (laundry, showers,pool, etc)

the only cg's i see in the area got really bad reviews on rvparkreview and i'm hoping someone knows of someplace not listed there...

any help would be greatly appreciated-i'm starting to panic!

Last time we had to spend the night there the only place we could find was Wal*Mart - if I recall it was a posted no Camping WM but we asked the manager and we said No Problem.

Really hard to travel on the East Coast and find decent places to stay.

Might try herehttp://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/massachusetts/sturbridge/wells-state-park.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Explorer
Explorer
Use this website -

http://www.epgsoft.com/CampgroundMap/

Put in Sturbridge and then zoom out to find campgrounds in the surrounding areas - you really may have to go far off to find something decent. We were considering a trip to Sturbridge also and found the same problem. If you look north and east you may find something that is nice - though as I recall looking, most seemed overpriced.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road