cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grindstone CG, Virginia

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Specifically looking for info on firewood, I've read that they sell wood at the campground but have read conflicting reports on the price, one review said it was cheap, while another said it was Very expensive, I know everyone has they're own version of cheap,but I don't like paying $6 for 6 sticks of rotten wood that burns like tissue paper.
So my question is, is there some local selling wood at a decent price.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
2 REPLIES 2

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
naturist wrote:
You can get good quality kiln dried (and bug free) firewood at Loweโ€™s, Fresh Market, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, and other fine establishments. But it is all ridiculously expensiveto those of us who heat normally with wood and thus buy it by the cord.
Exactly my point, same way with buying it at the NP or NF campgrounds, overly expensive & crappy wood, often get a better deal from a local selling a fair amount for a much better price.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
You can get good quality kiln dried (and bug free) firewood at Loweโ€™s, Fresh Market, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, and other fine establishments. But it is all ridiculously expensive to those of us who heat normally with wood and thus buy it by the cord.