cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grants Pass, OR (exceptional experiences)

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Grants Pass for three nights, and and had three very positive interactions.

Les Schwab Tires repaired our flat (we had put the spare on the previous week), remounted, and replaced the spare underneath the coach. Even though we did not purchase the tires with them, they would not accept any payment. Even tried to leave cash for the guys, but no.

Cypress Grove in Gold Hill (15 minutes south of Grants Pass), is a lovely campground. But more importantly, the manager Clyde, went out of his way to help us with maintenance issues we were having. Really a good samaritan.

Darren at (Grainger Movile RV, also in Gold Hill), truly was a godsend. We had a bent landing jack, and any dealer was months out on appointments. Even Darren quoted a week or so, but since we needed to leave after two days, he managed to work us in, and working an evening, got the job done. And probably for less than half what a dealer may have charged.

We are new full timers for a month now, working through the 'adventure', and these interactions certainly remind me that there are still people and businesses that go above and beyond.
2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1
7 REPLIES 7

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation but we're already up in Neskowin (our home park).
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
You might enjoy Valley of the Rogue SP in the same area. There's a walking trail for miles along the river. Watch out for ticks on your dog, though, this time of year.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
Leveling jacks. We're new at this, and I'm amazed how low the middle ones are. Not much clearance. Of course, I could be more careful driving thru parking lots.... just saying...
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Glad you got it fixed. Are they jacks, or are they stabilizers?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Also, beautiful country and pleasant weather.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is nice to hear some positive things, some good news. Thanks for posting.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing the good part of the adventure. Hopefully, these will be the most challenging parts of your new life. Good to hear of the good experiences that help counterbalance some of the complaints.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee