cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Canyon Trailer Village

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I have several days booked at Trailer Village in mid October 2017. I could only book a 28' site and my motorhome is actually 32'. Will I have a problem? I'm still watching and trying to snag a 50' site that will solve the issue.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
23 REPLIES 23

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was there last month, and honestly, I have no idea how they designate what sites are for what length vehicle. My space was on "G" Street, at the front end of the row. On their map it was for rigs 29 feet or less. My trailer is 26 feet with a rear slider, making it 30 feet. Had plenty of space in the rear for the slider and enough space in the front for my GMC 3500.

The next 2 spaces over, according to their map, were for rigs more than 29 feet. And those spaces appeared to be exactly the same size as my space. Hard to tell for sure, since both of them had trailers that were smaller than mine on them.

Also saw a whole lot of the big rigs there, presumably 40 foot motor homes, that fit fine on all of the various spaces. And there's additional parking available along the north side of the park for vehicles, if needed.

For anyone with future plans, don't stress over the supposed limit. All of the sites looked to be approximately the same size!
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
After spending the week at Trailer Village I can say that just about every 28' site there could easily handle a 40' motorhome. You might have to park the toad somewhere else but my 32' motorhome (and probably Jeep 4 door) could have fit in any site in the park.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
After we get back I'll report just how long those 28' sites really are. Looking at Google they easily look to be an actual 50' or more. I'll step 'em off and post back.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:
A 50' site became available. Problem solved. Thanks for all the input.

We were in a 50' site in April that had room for our 44' coach & tow car hooked up. I would estimate the 50' spots to be more like 70'. Just a FYI! Have fun.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Ernest wrote:
hohenwald48 wrote:
I have several days booked at Trailer Village in mid October 2017. I could only book a 28' site and my motorhome is actually 32'. Will I have a problem? I'm still watching and trying to snag a 50' site that will solve the issue.

...but you TV will have to be parked in the parking area near the check-in office.

What if he has a flatscreen in his "motorhome," will it fit or does he have to leave his television at the office? ๐Ÿ˜›

LOL. Just having fun, think you missed the motorhome part, not trailer ๐Ÿ˜‰

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion you're probably good to go but, if your rig won't fit and there isn't a spot big enough, oh well. You knew the space was for a smaller rig and you booked it anyway.

If I were you, I'd take a look at the campground using Google Earth and see what it looks like. You should be able to estimate the true size of the pad from other rigs in the park and even though your rig is over the size limit, it may fit with the front and rear overhang on the approaches but not in the road.

Good luck but be prepared to be turned away.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
A 50' site became available. Problem solved. Thanks for all the input.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Ernest wrote:
hohenwald48 wrote:

Just left there two weeks ago. I think your trailer will fit but you TV will have to be parked in the parking area near the check-in office.

From what I remember, you should be fine. The people are very nice and I'm sure they would be able to help. As stated above, you will have to park your TV elsewhere and I believe there are parking spots along the edge of the campground. Access to the sites themselves shouldn't be an issue.

If you call the staff right at the campground you may get some good info. I imagine the normal customer service line will not be very helpful. However the direct line, 928-638-1006 (to the best of my knowledge) may be more helpful.

Best of luck. We really enjoyed Trailer Village, especially the elk.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:

Just left there two weeks ago. I think your trailer will fit but you TV will have to be parked in the parking area near the check-in office.
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last year. We are about 36ft with the motorcycle carrier on the back, and we "just" fit in our site, im pretty sure you will be tight but probably fit
Proud father of a US Marine

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I've volunteered now in an NFS campground that has a section designated 28 feet max, and they really mean it. It's not the sites that limit, it's the road in and through the woods. There are probably three or four of the sites that would accommodate a fifty footer, if you could ever get one that up the road. Then the fun would be getting it back out.

It's been several years since I've been to Trailer Village, but I doubt the roads would be an issue, it's actual depth of the site. Some of those sites really will leave both you fanny and your nose hanging out in the right of way if you put a longer rig in there. Staff was friendly and helpfull but they don't claim to have any site stretchers in the tool shed.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"I figure if I call they'll recite the party line and say 28' means 28'."

And just the dumb clucks follow the rules.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. I don't have a problem with parking the toad somewhere else and right now there seems to be a lot of reservation activity going on, cancellations and such. Hopefully, a 50' will open up but I'm thinking (based on pics) that 4' won't matter. I've never seen a campground that was that precise. I'll probably chance it even if a 50' doesn't become available. I figure if I call they'll recite the party line and say 28' means 28'.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
We were there for a week in August. I found the people working in the check in we're very friendly and accommodating. If there's another site available when you get there and ask, you should be ok.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo