cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furnace Creek - Boil water notice

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
For all those trying to save gasoline or diesel fuel by not filling their fresh water tank until arriving at the campground, please note Death Valley NP’s alert…

“Boil Water Notice at Furnace Creek Campground - If you are planning to camp, please be advised there is a boil water notice in effect for Furnace Creek Campground.” See https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad
2 REPLIES 2

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
You know in my previous truck I always ran with less than half a tank of water and only one propane bottle. Now that I have upgraded trucks, I will fill my tank to the top at the beginning of each trip.

Thanks for the PSA.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good reminder.

Also, many campgrounds in the west have limited water resources - and that water needs to support ALL the campers in the campground. If you can fill where water is more plentiful, then please do so. That allows those who can't carry 100 gallons of fresh water with them to have water also.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)