cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Federal Mask mandate

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I've read several articles and cant find any out for folks boondocking.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-executive-order-mask-wearing-federal-land

Again city folks think everyone lives in an urban cubicle.
One size fits all I guess.
Hopefully the rangers out there have better sense than the DC insiders.
136 REPLIES 136

Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR wrote:

Have you noticed that some have taken to wearing two masks; a disposable mask under a cloth mask???

DW does this to keep her makeup off her fancy stylish mask. Masks have become a fashion statement among the ladies.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Explorer II
Explorer II
wapiticountry wrote:
naturist wrote:
What rlw999 said.

Folks, please stop panicking over things found on Faux News. Everything there has been carefully spun to throw you into a rage. Go to the source to get information that is actually useful. Your blood pressure will thank you for turning Faux News off.
The best way to get factual news is to watch 30 minutes of Fox News and then 30 minutes of either CNN or MSNBC. Then you will have the outer boundaries of the facts and the truth will reside somewhere in between.
Add some BBC, ABC and PBS and you'll find the facts. Tune out the noise and turn off the TV at 7pm central. Nothing truthful happens after dark. As my mother use to tell me as a young adult, nothing good happens after midnight.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
wapiticountry wrote:
As for the "mask Mandate", my only concern is the authorities may use it as a wedge to delve much deeper into your travels. Does it open up the door to "probable cause" leading to searching your car, RV and campsite looking for who knows what? Personally, I don't want to be stopped by the highway patrol on the interstate under the pretense of "you weren't wearing the mandated mask".
No! This is borderline paranoia.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
dbbls wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Note that it says SHOULD wear masks, doesn't say MUST wear masks.

What is quoted above does not read like a mandate. Reads like a suggestion.

Mike
Mask are "required" on federal property.
Your source please. My copy of the Executive Order says 'should' wear a mask. The 'must wear' applies to employees and others getting paid to be on Federal property. Please read the EO.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:
Does it open up the door to "probable cause" leading to searching your car, RV and campsite looking for who knows what? Personally, I don't want to be stopped by the highway patrol on the interstate under the pretense of "you weren't wearing the mandated mask".

No. It's a mask mandate to wear a mask around others, you're not going to be stopped while driving on the interstate because you weren't wearing a mask in your own vehicle.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:
The best way to get factual news is to watch 30 minutes of Fox News and then 30 minutes of either CNN or MSNBC. Then you will have the outer boundaries of the facts and the truth will reside somewhere in between.

well stated
bumpy

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
As for the "mask Mandate", my only concern is the authorities may use it as a wedge to delve much deeper into your travels. Does it open up the door to "probable cause" leading to searching your car, RV and campsite looking for who knows what? Personally, I don't want to be stopped by the highway patrol on the interstate under the pretense of "you weren't wearing the mandated mask".

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
What rlw999 said.

Folks, please stop panicking over things found on Faux News. Everything there has been carefully spun to throw you into a rage. Go to the source to get information that is actually useful. Your blood pressure will thank you for turning Faux News off.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
"I discovered the most informative news when I saw 'Danny Deck Chair'"

"Great way to escape all the controversy today as a lot of work went into this movie. It starts with a guy who wants to go camping flying out on a fuel guzzling commercial flight."

Well said Covered Wagon. Cheers
Depending upon multiple variables, commercial airliners get between 45 and 75 passenger miles per gallon of fuel. If the guy was going camping alone, or even with one or two additional people, taking a plane was definitely more fuel efficient than driving an RV or even a big SUV.

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Just wear a **** mask when you encounter others or enter a public building. Quit thinking only about yourselves. This is why this problem has become as large as it is. I promise it won't kill you to help by wearing a mask for a few minutes every now and then. I promise you won't be less of a man (or woman).

X's a million! lol! But seriously this is the best way!

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The favorite pass time of far too many now is conspicuous virtue signaling their own โ€œgoodnessโ€ while shaming all others who donโ€™t meet their standards. Anyone below their level of agitation is judged to be โ€Not taking this seriously enoughโ€.

Have you noticed that some have taken to wearing two masks; a disposable mask under a cloth mask???

Does that mean all of us who just wear one mask are โ€œbad peopleโ€ who just arenโ€™t taking this seriously enough? Thereโ€™s always going to be somebody whoโ€™s more squirmy than you are.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is humorous. I agree with those that say everyplace already has a mask mandate, so this is all just for the cameras.

Do we have to wear masks while camping in a Walmart parking lot? while dumping our grey water? lol

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
SPRey wrote:
I agree in citing the original source (I usually do), but to suggest one should discount the value of the news reporting because of a perceived bias...lol, ignores the fact that today, all news outlets are biased. They all subscribe to "click bait" (news reporting based on popularity and acceptance by their base/audience/customers).

Agreed!

Anyone old enough to remember Two Newspaper Towns will already be extremely familiar with bias.

We learned a long time ago to apply some critical thinking skills.

One thing that's gone wrong is that there's little distinction between real news and what used to be called an Op/Ed piece. IMHO Fox has led the pack when it comes to mixing true news (e.g. Wallace) with Entertainment (Hannity). But MSNBC and CNN are following suite unfortunately.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Note that it says SHOULD wear masks, doesn't say MUST wear masks.

What is quoted above does not read like a mandate. Reads like a suggestion.

Mike
Mask are "required" on federal property.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a trip in our MOHO. We left on Christmas Day and returned on the 17th. We headed south for some warmth, spent some time in NOLA. They have a mask mandate when "in public". About 95% of the people on the streets and 98% of people inside the stores had on masks. There were signs all around stating the the city had a mask mandate in place. Most people abided by that. While in a couple of stores (didn't go in many), if someone walked in without a mask, the owner/employee would ask for masks to be worn. I saw some people leave instead.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW