cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Estes Park campground

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a full hookup campground near RMNP, Estes park. Coming from the south, Denver. Doesn't look like much in the area.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)
11 REPLIES 11

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Old Days wrote:
What he means is the way to Estes park is right down the main street,it is very crowded all the time. If you have a big RV it is best to go around the downtown area.

Thanks
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
ppine wrote:
I used to live in Colorado and that is one place I would never visit again. Loved to death by people from out of state. Go to nearby places no one has ever heard of like the Never Summer Range.

Agreed! I spend time in the Never Summer and Rawahs of western Larimer County. And there are still places you can go, even on a weekend, and not have or need reservations. However, there won't be much available with FHU. Poudre River Resort, Home Moraine, Archers Resort and Glen Echo are about the only places where hookups will be available. And it will be questionable if some of these will be open for the 2018 season.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to live in Colorado and that is one place I would never visit again. Loved to death by people from out of state. Go to nearby places no one has ever heard of like the Never Summer Range.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a Clue wrote:
Rangerman40 wrote:
Elk Meadow is right at the gate of the park. Just make sure on your way in you go around downtown because you'll never make the left turn to head toward the park.

That's where we will be and yes sticker shock $$$$$$.

GO around downtown? ????

H E R E - Estes Park is an older post that you might find useful. The one consistent about EP is that the RV Parks/CGs don't change much; they have been like this for years. Don't mess with success, I suppose.

As to getting around the downtown area -- you will likely be coming in on US 36 from Lyons. In town at the traffic light where US 36/US 34 intersect, you'll make a left and you'll be on Elkhorn Ave. Go one block west to Riverside Ave (the next traffic light) and make a left. It's Riverside Ave, then East Riverside Ave, then back to Riverside...stay on it! You will come to a stop sign and an intersection to go up to the aerial tramway. Stay on Riverside! You'll be in a residential area, and you'll see Manor Rv Park. Just past Manor, there's curve and Riverside intersects with Mary's Lake Road. Make a right, go down the hill past Spruce Lake RV Park, to the traffic light and make a left to head to RMNP. Just a block away you will see an intersection for CO 66. Make that left and the entrance to Elk Meadows is right there on the right.

It's appropriately named, as you will likely see a lot of elk there in the mornings and evenings.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at the KOA last September, it was your normal KOA (tightspaces)but clean. I am not a KOA fan but this one fit in to our Estes trip.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
What he means is the way to Estes park is right down the main street,it is very crowded all the time. If you have a big RV it is best to go around the downtown area.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerman40 wrote:
Elk Meadow is right at the gate of the park. Just make sure on your way in you go around downtown because you'll never make the left turn to head toward the park.

That's where we will be and yes sticker shock $$$$$$.

GO around downtown? ????
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are talking about this summer, be prepared for sticker shock.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/colorado/estes-park
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer