cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duck Creek Utah

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if Im posting in the correct forum but here goes... Has anyone here ever camped at Duck Creek campground outside of Cedar City, Utah? If so, how was it? We are going there on the 25th thru the 31st of this month. Can't wait!
7 REPLIES 7

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great info, folks. Especially the you tube video. Actually got a preview of our camp site.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
It's been three or four years since we have been there but I really like the campground. Lots of families on the weekend and full of life. Good area to explore cedar breaks, the spot where the virgin river comes out of the mountain etc. There are a couple of lava tube caves to explore nearby as I recall and a whole lot of other outdoor adventure to be had. I have always quite enjoyed that area and it is much cooler in the summer than much of the southern part of the state. I would think you will have a great time.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't stayed at Duck Creek. We've gone a little further up the road to Te-Ah CG near the inlet to Navajo Lake. Easy day trip from either to Cedar Breaks NM.

Red Canyon is nice but busier with more road noise.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Duck Creek and Red Canyon are both very nice and also very different. Duck Creek is a mountain environment (pine trees); Red Canyon is desert terrain - gorgeous red rock like Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park. Red Canyon and Bryce are close to each other. We enjoy them both!

On June 23 another poster posted his YouTube on Duck Creek. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeRAElJeai4&feature=youtu.be
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
My parents love the place, good fishing and fairly quiet. We've camped there once about 6 years ago, would do so again.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we'll have to settle for a "just OK" CG, then. Thanks for your input. I'll scope out Red canyon for another time if it's not too far from Duck Creek

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
If u'r talking about the Duck creek on Hyway 14 (Cedar City to Hyway 89) its just an ok CG. My favorite in that area is Red Canyon Forest CG on Hyway 12 about 10 miles east of 89/12 junction.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"