cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG in Ohio... Maiden voyage!

Dawghouse92
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a good CG in Ohio for our 1st trip. Just bought a 2008 Four Winns 5000 31ftr and taking it out this weekend. We live in northeast Ohio and don't want to go to far for our first time. We were thinking about Mohican Adventures. Anyone been there or have other suggestions of anywhere else? Appreciate the feedback!
19 REPLIES 19

thatsme
Explorer
Explorer
East Harbor State Park Port Clinton Marblehead area.
2021 3120RL Montana Legacy Edition.

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
Dawghouse92 wrote:
So first trip completed! We ended up staying at Mohican Adventures. Everything went really well. The staff there is unbelievably nice. They even took me on beer run to gas station in golf cart. Park is very well maintained and probably nicest public bathrooms I've ever been in. We would definitely go back... Lots to do!

One down and hope to go somewhere next weekend too.

We really like Mohican Adventures as well. For a nice rustic experience that is close to you give Findley State Park in Wellington a look. This weekend we are heading over to Cedar Point for the weekend. Cedar Points Campground is first class all the way.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Punderson is absolutely beautiful when the leaves are changing.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Cool, glad you had a good time.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Dawghouse92
Explorer
Explorer
So first trip completed! We ended up staying at Mohican Adventures. Everything went really well. The staff there is unbelievably nice. They even took me on beer run to gas station in golf cart. Park is very well maintained and probably nicest public bathrooms I've ever been in. We would definitely go back... Lots to do!

One down and hope to go somewhere next weekend too.

Weeluvdis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
We live not that far from your neck of the woods and if you want to stick close to home Findley in Wellington is a great inexpensive state park. There are no full hook ups but the atmosphere there is great and it looks like a place out west with all the tall pines.
Like others have said, Mohican State Park is great if you want to go further but it's hard to get in there unless you have reserved in advance. It is one of the most popular state parks in Ohio. Evergreen in Amish Country is neat, it's a very compact park that is great for kids but adults love it to, especially for the area. We haven't stayed at Mohican Adventures but we toured it and it looks nice. It is a really big park with a few creek sites that are really nice and there are a few sites with shade but then a lot of sites that would be in full sun all day. they have canoeing and go kart riding and a pond for fishing and paddle boats at an extra cost. Good luck on your first trip!

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Geneva-on-the-lake is nice, and close. Hocking Hills is beautiful, and lots of do. Mohican is nice, also with lots to do.

Ohio has decent state parks, so pick one that appeals...
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Dandy Dan wrote:
If you don't feel it is to far there some really nice campgrounds in Holmes Co. Largest Amish community. Scenic Hills in Berlin is nice (down in the bottom). If you want amenities then Evergreen Resort on 250 is really nice. Indoor pool, hot tub,fitness room and all paved sites. Also not that far from Amish. Where ever you decide, Happy Camping.

X2 on Evergreen very nice park
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ohio State Parks are nice. Also, Ashtabula County has some great private cgs like Pine Lakes & Indian Creek (pricey).Maple Lakes near Seville is a good one as well.

Dawghouse92
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I'm going to suggest Maumee Bay State park in Oregon (between Sandusky and Toledo). Or in the other direction, Punderson State Park near Chardon. both excellent facilities and closer to Lorain than Loudenville.

Maumee Bay has great wildlife. The deer walk behind your campsites. The bicycle trails are the BEST! There are three or four lakes IN the campground, plus lake Erie. The shower houses are great and the staff are friendly.

Punderson is on one of the three natural lakes in Ohio. Great Bass, trout, bluegill and catfishing. The sites up on the hill are 50 amp and the ones on the lake loop are 20 amp. Plus it is near the Grand River wine country and Lake Erie is about 30 minutes away.

Where ever you go, ENJOY it!

Sohio
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
Congrats on the new rig. Go to Mohican state park right down the road from mohican adventures. They also have a lot of full hookup sites, the sites are bigger, they have hiking trails, and the river that runs through the campground that everyone tubes down.

I would 2nd Mohican state park, it's a really nice park.
2015 Ford F-350 CC,LB,DRW,4x4, 6.7L 3.73 gears,
B&W Companion
2010 Jayco Eagle 351 RLSA Fifth wheel,
Palmer, the ball loving Golden Retriever.(Gone, but in our hearts forever)
Jackson, the Happy (and sometimes crazy) Golden Retriever.

My Photos

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't feel it is to far there some really nice campgrounds in Holmes Co. Largest Amish community. Scenic Hills in Berlin is nice (down in the bottom). If you want amenities then Evergreen Resort on 250 is really nice. Indoor pool, hot tub,fitness room and all paved sites. Also not that far from Amish. Where ever you decide, Happy Camping.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

buffymb
Explorer
Explorer
West Branch State park is lovely this time of year, if you can get in. I agree with Ten, you may not want to go to far on your first trip, just in case you have any issues.
Buffy
America-Land That I Love
2013 Ford F450 Dually
2014.5 TKSB3 Elite Suites by DRV