cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG in Central FL With Golf Cart Access to Stores

plumber802
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I haven't posted in a while since we sold our fifth wheel and have taken a pause from the RV lifestyle. We are looking into the possibility of becoming "snowbirds" spending summers in Vermont and winters in Florida. Ideally we would like to find a campground that has the ability to access stores (such as grocery store or Walmart etc.) with a golf cart. Thanks for any input.
Andy and Linda, St-Albans, Vermont.
Retired Union Pipe Fitter/Plumber. Former LEO 1994-2004.
15 REPLIES 15

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Cypress is 1.2 miles west of US-27 on FL-540. This is the southeast corner of the city..Actual downtown is a few miles northwest. It's 16 miles south of I-4 and about 42 miles east of I-75.

Uber is a good alternative to a car in the area.
-jbh-

plumber802
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a good location roughly equal distance between Tampa and Orlando. A "Deluxe" seasonal site is $4300 plus electric. It does specifically say direct access to Walmart via golf cart. Great!
https://www.cypresscampground.com

plumber802
Explorer
Explorer
johnhicks wrote:
Cypress CG in Winter Haven is next to Walmart, has specific off-street golf cart access to Walmart, a bank and other shops. Some CG residents work at Walmart. Also, in that area, deliveries are available from Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Publix, Aldi, CVS and ABC Liquors. We're a bit west of Winter Haven across US-27; we haven't been inside a supermarket since March 2020.

Thanks John for your reply. This sounds exactly what we would be looking for. We are just in he beginning stages of research on this and I am embarrassed to say that I have no idea where Winter Haven is. I will check to see if there is a website to the Cypress CG. Thanks again.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Cypress CG in Winter Haven is next to Walmart, has specific off-street golf cart access to Walmart, a bank and other shops. Some CG residents work at Walmart. Also, in that area, deliveries are available from Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Publix, Aldi, CVS and ABC Liquors. We're a bit west of Winter Haven across US-27; we haven't been inside a supermarket since March 2020.
-jbh-

plumber802
Explorer
Explorer
I think the solution might be for us to purchase an inexpensive car that we could use while we stay the winter at our CG in Florida. We would have to find a CG that would allow us to keep the car on the campsite while we are back in Vermont for the summer months.

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
There are some small 4-wheelers that are/can be street legal. Not sure if there are electric ones, but that may be an avenue to investigate.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
thomasmnile wrote:
Golf Cart Statute in Florida

While perhaps OK in a campground, they may not be on roads outside the campground. The only cart friendly community I can think of is The Villages, but that's a residential community not a CG.

Sun City Center also legally allows use of golf carts on the community streets. many places throughout the state also tolerate them.... by that I mean that use is common place and restrictions are not enforced. There is also the ability to license a golf cart as a low speed vehicle and that allows you to drive it on the street, again , with certain restrictions... Section 320.01(41), Florida Statutes
Here's a pretty good summary.... Golf Carts & LSV
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Golf Cart Statute in Florida

While perhaps OK in a campground, they may not be on roads outside the campground. The only cart friendly community I can think of is The Villages, but that's a residential community not a CG.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Gulf Air RV in Fort Meyers is next door to a Walmart, with a restaurant on the Walmart pad.

Publix is right across the main highway, about 1/4 mile, but I haven't seen golf carts there.

I never thought of Ft Myers as being in central florida. Have to rethink my geography.

๐Ÿ™‚
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Publix is right across the main highway, about 1/4 mile, but I haven't seen golf carts there.

The highway might have something to do with it. I don't know of any state that allows golf carts on highways.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.cypresscampground.com/
-jbh-

plumber802
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I'm checking them out online now.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf Air RV in Fort Meyers is next door to a Walmart, with a restaurant on the Walmart pad.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Blueberry Hill RV resort in Bushnell Fl. right beside Walmart. Close to I75 though. Never been there but have been in the Walmart and Wendy's at the exit and noticed it. Looks like there're packed in pretty tight and not much shade, but that's been about 4-5 years ago.
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL