cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds Near Hershey

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
My niece will be in a dance competition at Hershey next July so we are looking for campgrounds in the area. They'll be staying at a hotel in Hershey but we have the freedom to camp further away since we'll probably only watch her perform only one day so we don't have to be THAT close to Hershey. I'm thinking up to about an hour away would be good. A bonus would be if it were EAST of Hershey but it doesn't have to be. We'll have 3 campers and must have water, electric and sewer with activities in and around the campground for 10 year old boys and adults. Must also be dog friendly. Here's what I found so far.

Drummer Boy Campground
Adventure Bound Oak Creek

Anything else I can look at?
10 REPLIES 10

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you, I was not aware.
Puma 30RKSS

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Hopefully the Jonestown KOA has been rebuilt and all of the staff replaced.
We got there for the RV show a couple of years ago, no staff there at 2PM, office door locked, no note. Also no arrival packet.
We put the RV in a site to plug in the AC while we waited. When they got back 2 hours later they threw a fit that we dared to plug in while we waited. They gave us our "official site" where the power didn't work on 3O amp. Told us to use the 15 amp plug and told us they never heard of a 30 amp camper. Former TT BTW.
If you want to post this on RVparkreviews help yourself.

Jonestown KOA is not the same location as when you mentioned. That location is now Jonestown AOK.
The former Lickdale Campground is now the Jonestown KOA, and it is a very nice place.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
One possibility might be someplace near Knoebels--probably either their Lake Glory campground or the unaffiliated J & D campground. J & D seems to me to be the nicer campground of the two, but Lake Glory does offer a few free shuttles to Knoebels and back each day and is a decently nice and well-maintained campground in its own right.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
If you didn't need full hookups, there are several state parks in the area. They all have electric and some have new bath houses.All have lakes for swimming and during the summer ranger programs.The ones we like are Pine Grove Furnace,Giffort Pinchot and Locust Lake. Many of the state parks are adding full hookups so you have to check.

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
JonesTown KOA (lickdale ) has always worked for us.Stayed there many times, no problem.
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hopefully the Jonestown KOA has been rebuilt and all of the staff replaced.
We got there for the RV show a couple of years ago, no staff there at 2PM, office door locked, no note. Also no arrival packet.
We put the RV in a site to plug in the AC while we waited. When they got back 2 hours later they threw a fit that we dared to plug in while we waited. They gave us our "official site" where the power didn't work on 3O amp. Told us to use the 15 amp plug and told us they never heard of a 30 amp camper. Former TT BTW.
If you want to post this on RVparkreviews help yourself.
Puma 30RKSS

If it were us going, we would be staying at Hershey Campground.. it has all he requirements you listed. It's also clean, and we enjoy our time there..

Or try Spring Gulch Campground, thats about 45-60 minutes away
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Twin Grove, it's a really nice park. The Jonestown/Hershey NE KOA is also a pretty nice park right off of I-81 near the I-78 junction.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Robin Hill is east of Hershey just off I-78.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's a little north of Hershey but, it's off I-78.
Twin Grove Campground We have stayed here often.

This one is at I-81 & I-78, Lickdale PA.
Lickdale Campgound It goes by another name now. We have never stayed at this location, friends have and they liked the CG. It's convenient to the Interstate.