cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campgrounds in destin or pensacola fl

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
looking for reasonable price for a couple of days in the next couple days ideas. usually stay at state parks. thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
jannie4 wrote:
looking for reasonable price for a couple of days in the next couple days ideas. usually stay at state parks. thanks

ParkAdvisor, is just one of many free apps/websites to see the RV parks in any given region online. RVParkReview, is another.

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
I believe ft. pickens is 2 weeks and so much (in other words a limit) for the yr.

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info. will ck into it.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Limitations? I believe that it is two weeks and don't know the specifics as if you can change sites or must leave for a week or so before returning, etc.

CharlesinGA. I know it isn't a COE park, but it does fall under the geezer pass which I/we do have. But thanks.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
What is limitations on stay length at Ft Pickens and other fed parks

twichers
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Navarre, there are 3 primary private campgrounds on the sound: Navarre Beach, Emerald Beach and Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa probably the most expensive but i dont know costs.

If not focused on staying on the coast, look into the various state campgrounds inland such as in the Blackwater State Park like Bear Lake Campground. Niceville has Fred Gannon ROcky Bayou State Park on a bayou

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Good luck to you. We've been wanting to go to Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa Island (COE Park) for quite a while and finally the other day an opening/cancellation opened for 4 days in May and we jumper on it.
Many people now a days make their reservation for the up coming year as they are leaving the park.
As I always say, " Dang all those retired Baby Boomers and their RVs taking up all our camping spaces. Oh, wait I are one!"

I have been to Ft Pickens several times. Just so you realize, it is part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore, and is administered by the National Park Service (not COE). I prefer the A Loop but have also stayed on the C loop. Hopefully you have a America the Beautiful Senior Pass, as this will get you in free (normally a $20 gate charge for 7 days) and get the campsite for half price.

Walking trail goes from A loop to and thru the C/E and B/D loops and then thru the day use public parking and past Battery Worth, and on to the Fort itself. Also be sure and walk past the fort, thru the parking area, to a couple of old barracks buildings, where the Ft Pickens/Penscola Bay museum is located (I think this is called the Discovery Center).

If you are up and around in the morning, you will hear the anthem being played during the flag raising on the NAS across the bay. Most everyone pauses to pay their respects during this time. Walk the stairs to the very top of the observation building of Battery Worth, for a tree top level view of things.

Battery Cooper loop road was closed due to concerns over the possible collapse of the metal observation tower on the road. Not sure if that has reopened or not.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
jannie4 wrote:
Thanks All. things have changed a lot with more people rving and the loss of several state park (or partial) campgrounds. Couple of yrs back didn't have nearly the trouble. However, We found a state park by checking each day, but we will have to move after one day to another spot there. We're lucky to be small MH. Will ck out Camp Gulf though for future reference.
Might want to get a bank loan before going to Camp Gulf. Last I checked beach sites were over $100 a night.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck to you. We've been wanting to go to Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa Island (COE Park) for quite a while and finally the other day an opening/cancellation opened for 4 days in May and we jumper on it.
Many people now a days make their reservation for the up coming year as they are leaving the park.
As I always say, " Dang all those retired Baby Boomers and their RVs taking up all our camping spaces. Oh, wait I are one!"
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All. things have changed a lot with more people rving and the loss of several state park (or partial) campgrounds. Couple of yrs back didn't have nearly the trouble. However, We found a state park by checking each day, but we will have to move after one day to another spot there. We're lucky to be small MH. Will ck out Camp Gulf though for future reference.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
this late in the game finding a place will be difficult although 1 night stays can be found and moving for a second night a possibility. The even harder part will be finding one for $30.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out the State Park. We had volunteered there. Very nice, but on sewer if I remember.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
In this area there will only be a few weekday sites open for the next couple of months at the parks mentioned. We have to book our stay at Grayton Beach 11 months in advance to be sure we get in!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Camp Gulf in Destin a number of years ago. It is literally ON the beach. I don't remember the rates.