cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds around Zion national park

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
I need to find a decent campground with full hookups around Zion National Park Pulling a 26 Ft Travel Trailer Thanks for the information you can give me
11 REPLIES 11

dedmiston
By the way, what I meant to say was that the cell coverage at Zion River Resort is horrible and the park is an absolute dump. Nobody should ever ever go there (except us). :B

We've been lucky getting reservations there for the most part. Everyone there is so doggone nice. We just love it there.

The week I spent working from the RV there, I got a good glimpse at their operations as they cleaned every site after the previous departure. They're really on the ball there, and they've done a great job of pushing the customer service message down their organization so that every single person is on the ball all the time. It kind of reminded me of the notion of "the show" at Disneyland, where everyone is part of the show and each individual is responsible for guest satisfaction.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
YES to Zion River Resort! There is a drive (can't remember name of the road) across from the rv park that zigzags in and out of Zion for some nice scenery.

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
We were there for a week last August. I couldn't get the time off work, but my wife and kids wanted a vacation. I stayed in the RV and worked the whole week. The cell signal was great for us. I had a good connection to my office the whole time, and we streamed video in the evening.

ZRRV is one of the best places we've ever seen. It's our family's favorite.

It appears that the cell service has been improved. Not surprising. It has been 7 years since we were there.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

dedmiston
one_strange_texan wrote:
JoeH wrote:
We stayed at Zion River resort
-- very clean, FHU

I agree with the Zion River Resort recommendation. As nice as any RV resort we've stayed in. Right on the Virgin River. It is a short drive away from the entrance in Springdale. Cell phone signal is spotty in this area, but they had a booster in the RV store that you can use (one person at a time) to make calls, if that kind of thing is important to you.

As for the parking in Zion NP, get there early, park in the lots near the entrance and take the buses that run through the park. They drop you off at the sites and the trailheads for hikes.

We were there for a week last August. I couldn't get the time off work, but my wife and kids wanted a vacation. I stayed in the RV and worked the whole week. The cell signal was great for us. I had a good connection to my office the whole time, and we streamed video in the evening.

ZRRV is one of the best places we've ever seen. It's our family's favorite.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
-- very clean, FHU

I agree with the Zion River Resort recommendation. As nice as any RV resort we've stayed in. Right on the Virgin River. It is a short drive away from the entrance in Springdale. Cell phone signal is spotty in this area, but they had a booster in the RV store that you can use (one person at a time) to make calls, if that kind of thing is important to you.

As for the parking in Zion NP, get there early, park in the lots near the entrance and take the buses that run through the park. They drop you off at the sites and the trailheads for hikes.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always stay at the Watchman CG inside the park adjacent the visitors center and the shuttle station. This will require making reservations well in advance though you can sometimes get in at the last minute due to cancelations. It is a very nice CG right on the Virgin River and while they do not have "full" hookups they do have 30 amps, flush toilets and water spigots throughout the CG and no, you cannot fill your tanks in the CG, leave the "water thief" at home" and utilize the dump station facilities, a full service two lane inside the CG.

The fees are reasonable {a geezer card will get you in for half price}, especially compared to the commercial RV parks nearby that are outrageously priced 365. Being able to just walk to the shuttles and then ride anywhere in the park is priceless. If you have to drive in get ready for a long expensive wait and parking in the park itself disappears quickly during the busier months and driving up into the park is restricted to outright prohibited for much of the year.

Zion is amazing, probably my favorite NP but it is so much better when you stay at Watchman.

As always... opinions and YMMV.

:C

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are also CGs on the eastern entrance along 89.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
FYI Two years ago ALL the parking spots in the park were FULL by 10:00 AM.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
https://zioncamp.com/zion-canyon-campground/
Zion Canyon Campground
is located in the town of Springdale. From there you can walk or ride the trolley to the Visitors center. Also downtown.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
-- very clean, FHU
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Willow Wind RV Park in Hurricane Ut is nice.