cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground with tours near Boston

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
I gave all my books away when we sold the big rig, have new on order but thought I would ask on here. We are going to NS and will be near Boston but have never taken a tour and we aren't taking the toad. Suggestions anyone. Thx
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)
4 REPLIES 4

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Here is info on another campground. It is west of Boston. Short distance to train station which will take you into downtown area. Call them for more info or they have a website. It is a small campground in a wooded area.

Contact. Boston Minuteman Campground. 264 Ayer Road Littleton Massachusetts 01460. 978-772-0042. Info@MinutemanCampground.com ...
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Lived in the area all my life and if I were a tourist coming I would also say Normandy Farms. If you had a small camper or tent then the State park in Hingham is perfect as you can catch the ferry to Boston and catch tours there. Lots to see so a tour first is a definite.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about getting from the campground to o Boston but Normandy farms is a very nice campground that's not to far outside Boston in Foxboro MA, there are tours in Boston but not aware of any transportation provided by the campground. maybe rent a car for the time your there .
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Normandy Farms and had to drive to another location to get the tour bus of Boston. I believe it was the Boston Total Experience all-day tour. Normandy staff knows all about it. Definitely take the tour bus. DO NOT try to drive around Boston to see the sights. The streets were made for horse and buggys and no place to park.
Boston is far more than the Red Sox and is the center of US commerce, banking and education; a truly great city.
P.S. I was born and raised in the Chicago area; not Boston.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)