cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground Fun Zones

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campgrounds, such as KOA's and some privately owned ones, will sometimes do their best to create a "Fun Zone" area for kids, (i.e. below ground trampoline, splash pads, etc...) What are some of the coolest "Fun Zone" areas you have seen, and where?
18 REPLIES 18

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
mdcamping wrote:

Every year we still meet with a bunch of families at Knoebels in PA :C

Now that's a big "fun park" for the kids. We are there the second weekend of every June.

You said it! we always do the 2nd week of July!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
4runnerguy wrote:
Devil's Garden CG in Arches NP. First visited as a child over 50 years ago. Have camped there numerous times since. There are all sorts of rocks to climb on, hidden passages to explore, lots of sand to play in, and often deer wander around the CG. Seems like most kids we have taken there have no interest in going out to explore the park but just want to stay around the campground and play in all that nature has provided.

Still being a child at heart, I also enjoy "playing" at that campground.

Just getting kids out of the house is half the battle.

When our kids were real young they enjoyed more of the nature side of camping but as they aged they wanted more resort type activities,this said we would do 1 or 2 days at the campground and the rest we would day trip and explore the area. all in all we always managed to keep them involved.

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Devil's Garden CG in Arches NP. First visited as a child over 50 years ago. Have camped there numerous times since. There are all sorts of rocks to climb on, hidden passages to explore, lots of sand to play in, and often deer wander around the CG. Seems like most kids we have taken there have no interest in going out to explore the park but just want to stay around the campground and play in all that nature has provided.

Still being a child at heart, I also enjoy "playing" at that campground.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:

Now that's a big "fun park" for the kids. We are there the second weekend of every June.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traditionally lakes, and hiking trails were fun zones for kids. Going out with Dad in twilight to see the game animals. Getting up early to go fishing. The smell of outboard motor oil in the morning on a lake still gets to me.

I have no recollections of camping with trampolines or amusement rides. None of that stuff. We could find that at home. It was and still is being in nature, seeing the critters that is the big attraction.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
BlackSeriesUS wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I think for liability reasons a camp ground would be crazy to have a trampoline.
bumpy

Bumpyroad, If I did this right, here is a picture of what I was talking about.

thanks, looks like fun.
bumpy

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
BlackSeriesUS wrote:
Campgrounds, such as KOA's and some privately owned ones, will sometimes do their best to create a "Fun Zone" area for kids, (i.e. below ground trampoline, splash pads, etc...) What are some of the coolest "Fun Zone" areas you have seen, and where?

yrs ago when our kids camped with us we stayed at a bunch of resort type places. Some that stand out in my memory were Moose Hillock NH, Bayleys ME, Cherrystone VA, Normandy Farms, MA, Eagles Peak, PA

Mike

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
I think for liability reasons a camp ground would be crazy to have a trampoline.
bumpy

Bumpyroad, If I did this right, here is a picture of what I was talking about.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x8853689952d22315%3A0x1a95c83f6285b08!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%...

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
wildtoad wrote:
Check out Yogi Bear campgrounds, Carolina Pines CG near Conway/MB SC.

I think I've heard of that before, I'll have to look it up.:)

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
I deleted the snotty post about 80 year old geeezers.

I predict a short membership for the New Member who posted that.

I missed it!! Gosh darnit. Well Thank you for keeping it clean, or nice, or whatever getting rid of that comment made it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
ItsyRV wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
Are KOA's actually "campgrounds"?

Why wouldn't they be?

Bumpyroad wrote:

Some places have these inground bouncy pads that are like air inflated trampolines. Some call them trampolines but they are more like a bounce house with no walls and the size of a basketball court. The fun for many is watching parents trying to corral their kids who won't get off.

Thank you for the clarification ItsyRV. I knew what I was mentioning, just didn't know what to call it. HAhaha My In-Laws took my kids to a campground that had one of those, looked super cool.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Are KOA's actually "campgrounds"?

Why wouldn't they be?

Bumpyroad wrote:

Some places have these inground bouncy pads that are like air inflated trampolines. Some call them trampolines but they are more like a bounce house with no walls and the size of a basketball court. The fun for many is watching parents trying to corral their kids who won't get off.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

dedmiston
I deleted the snotty post about 80 year old geeezers.

I predict a short membership for the New Member who posted that.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy