cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp Margaritaville

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
A first of it's kind Camp Margaritaville RV resort has been announced for Pigeon Forge. It will consist of 180 RV sites and 79 room lodge with restaurant, bar and pool that RV patrons will have full access to. Phase one is set to open later this spring
15 REPLIES 15

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Iโ€™m guessing that Dolly has her hands in at lest one or more of the rv parks in Pigeon Forge. She owns half or more of the town.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
The article said it was "first of it's kind"....I did not know about the one at Lanier Islands GA. Looking at it's website it looks really nice and certainly this new one will be as nice. The perception that it's focus is drinking is plain wrong and nothing unfriendly to families that I can see. To each his own.

Along these lines I would love to see Dollywood open an RV park too. There are many close by Dollywood so I guess they don't see the need.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Sevier County had very strict alcohol laws until the last few years. I recall not being able to get a beverage with our Mexican food a few years ago. Jimmy has made a fortune on the southern latitudes concept. There is nothing unfriendly towards families in his sites. To each his own.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
magnusfide wrote:
bgum wrote:
Been watching that property for years and wondered why the building was vacant. Great location and I am sure it will prosper if managed properly.

Yep great location. I'm just wondering how successful its theme will be in an area that prides itself on family entertainment.

Jimmy Buffet's fan base is middle age, middle class America...they tend to wear funny hats and Hawaiian shirts. Otherwise, that's about as family friendly as it gets.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Margaritaville RV resort on Lanier Island outside Atlanta last month. Very nice sites, but not many activities open since it was so #$%##@@ cold! Not cheap, but would go back when the weather gets a little more cooperative.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ken56 wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
bgum wrote:
Been watching that property for years and wondered why the building was vacant. Great location and I am sure it will prosper if managed properly.

Yep great location. I'm just wondering how successful its theme will be in an area that prides itself on family entertainment.

The other Margaritaville locations are booming. Both hotels are nearly full all the time and the restaurant at the Island in Pigeon Forge is busy most of the time. Nothing wrong with the concept hurting the "family" entertainment atmosphere. Stay at the KOA if it's not your thing.

Don't get snarky Ken56. Just noting that particular area is not all that friendly to the more adult activities that involve drinking. That area is more about family activities that don't have such age limits.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

rav
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of families started with Jimmy Buffett music. Lol.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
bgum wrote:

The other Margaritaville locations are booming. Both hotels are nearly full all the time and the restaurant at the Island in Pigeon Forge is busy most of the time. Nothing wrong with the concept hurting the "family" entertainment atmosphere. Stay at the KOA if it's not your thing.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

bgum
Explorer
Explorer

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
cliffy49 wrote:
You can read more here;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/margaritaville-rv-resort-coming-to-east-tennessee/ar-BB1d...

The article wrote:
So weโ€™re pretty excited about the amenity package. Weโ€™ve got a bar, grill restaurant,โ€ said Campbell. โ€œThe RV industry has just exploded during this pandemic and then to have the Margaritaville Brand coupled with the RV Industry is a no-brainer. Itโ€™s always 5 oโ€™clock somewhere.โ€

So it looks like a vacay based on bars and booze?

Magnus

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can read more here;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/margaritaville-rv-resort-coming-to-east-tennessee/ar-BB1d...
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is it actually affiliated with Jimmy?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'