cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boston

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for campground near Boston where you have best access to city. Any recommendations for tours? Thanks in advance??
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST
5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_NH
Explorer
Explorer
Boston/Cape Cod KOA in Middleboro MA. Not to far from Boston. MBTA commuter train is close by and travels several times a day.

I like the place and stay there every year. Lots of things to do in that area as well, like Plymouth Plantation.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
We lived out there for 4 years and Normandy Farms was our 'near home' campground for 2-4 weekend a year. We're headed back there next summer for a week and will spend all of it there. We miss having it nearby.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Boston posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You are in luck because there have been a few campgrounds recommended along with bus tours. Just search this Forum for Boston in the RV Parks section then search the results for `tours'.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Two places seem to get the most mention when this comes up

Minuteman

Normandy Farms

Both are close to commuter rail lines that go into Boston.

The historic walking tour, the Freedom Trail (known locally as "the stupid red line") visits several historical sites around the city. You really want decent weather for this and would be tiring for kids.

The Prudential tower has an observation deck that's great on a good day.

And then there's the Duck Boat Tour in WWII amphib vehicle that rolls through parts of downtown Boston and ends up in the Charles River.

Lots to do, just don't even think about taking the HR into the city.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox