cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Booking Camping sites for 2021

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was trying to book a camp site for Memorial Day weekend 2021 as well as a site for our typical July trip. After some searching, I was able to find the last site at our 3rd choice of places to go for Memorial day, which is good that I got one, but still struggling for July. I was surprised how many places were already booked for weekends in July. I haven't booked July yet as we like to make that a multi day trip and still trying to decide mountains, ocean or desert.

Is everyone else already running into full parks?

I typically try to book a couple of reservations as our trailer is 32' and it can be difficult to find a good spot in some areas. Having a reservation just makes it easier. These are usually parks with power and water. We also go other places and boondock a couple times a year, but these don't require reservations.

How early can you book at state parks and such? I thought it was 7 months, but maybe it is 1 year. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes-- we've booked our summer stay in Maine next summer already as well as our 2021/2022 winter stay in the Keys. No more spur of the moment especially with a big rig
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Over the last 10 years it has gotten harder and harder to get into the desirable parks. With RV sales continuing to increase it will just get worse. RV sales have exploded this year.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Ed C wrote:
At a particularly popular campground in Florida we have booked for Jan 2022 already!

That is why I love owning my own site in Key Largo.
No more worrying about booking a site

Guy

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just the way of the times these days... Been having to reserve 9 months ahead of time in WA state parks for the best times/sites... Then you don't usually get them, unless you do some other reservation alternatives....

It's only going to get worse as more and more want reservations...

Oh well... Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

dedmiston
I deleted your duplicate thread for you.

Limit one per customer please.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure they're already booked? Many places don't allow you to book this far out. I just tried for a private RV park for Memorial Day but they said 180 days out.

CO State Parks is 6 months out. And for the more popular parks, you have to sign in at 8am exactly 6 months out to book it. That was the case even pre-COVID.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
At a particularly popular campground in Florida we have booked for Jan 2022 already!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
You have to remember how much activity from 2020 is being bumped into 2021. If the campgrounds have been acting like hotels many deposits were just transferred to next year. Those who didn't have reservations this year will have a much harder time trying to find places to stay next year.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
For Idaho campgrounds it's 6 months out unless it has changed recently.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton