cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boat rental around Deception Pass SP.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we are heading to Deception Pass State Park in NW Washington this summer. I would like to rent a boat for the day to explore the area. I have piloted boats up to 45 feet, but I'd like rent in the 20-30 ft range for day touring. When I use the Googles, all I get are kayak rentals and tours. Does anyone know of a place that rents cruisers or jet boats for the day?
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.
7 REPLIES 7

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:
Thanks for the info everybody. I think I've got what I need.

Perfect, don't want to scare you off from, crossing the strait. It can be flat as a pancake, but if the weather rolls in, which it can even in the summer. It can be a pretty bouncy trip. Up in the islands, water is sheltered, so does not hump up nearly as bad.

Also just an FYI, if you go into Fisherman's harbor on Lopez, at very high water. There is a Submerged rock (at high water) out there too the north of the channel, off the west shore , the locals call the million dollar rock. Has claimed many an outdrive. Roach and Rosario are also fun to see.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info everybody. I think I've got what I need.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Great info winnie, thanks I did find a pave in Friday Harbor that had decent rays. I hadn't thought about tides. My ocean experience has always been leaving from an open harbor.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Laconner boat rentals.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Craigslist under boats and you will find a few private individuals offering their own boats for bareboat or captained charters.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/boo?query=rent
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
https://boatbound.co/boat-rentals?near=Oak+Harbor%2C+WA#

or call 1-360-675-5317 -> Hope Island Charter
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Orcas Island boat rental may fit your bill. Deception pass to Anacortes, drive , ferry to Orcas. Perhaps they will pick you up at the dock.
On edit, dad was born and raised there, I have fished it for many years. So I know these waters half way decent. If you leave from Orcas, you skip the whole crossing the strait thing. Which depending on weather wind and tide, can be the green water over the bow thing, about 7 to 10 miles across. Incoming tide against the wind, very doable but not much fun

If you leave from Orcas, you are in sheltered island, and close to the good stuff. I suggest Lopez, Friday Harbor, roach harbor, Reid island, and if time allows Susia, Macia and Patores island, up north