cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Oak RV Park

Sailor1953
Explorer
Explorer
We had reservations at this park and verified by phone 5 days in advance. We arrived at 2 PM and were told that our sites were still occupied and that management told them that they could leave at their pleasure.
I have never seen anything like this before. I can not recommend this park due to this. We were forced to backtrack 25 miles to find another spot to spend the night
7 REPLIES 7

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
deleted
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
X4
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

rr2254545 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Interesting first post.

x2 does not ring true

X3

missing some info
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Interesting first post.

x2 does not ring true
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Sailor1953 wrote:
We had reservations at this park and verified by phone 5 days in advance. We arrived at 2 PM and were told that our sites were still occupied and that management told them that they could leave at their pleasure.
I have never seen anything like this before. I can not recommend this park due to this. We were forced to backtrack 25 miles to find another spot to spend the night
Who told you the people who were in your site could leave at their pleasure? That sounds utterly ridiculous. Also, what is the posted check in and check out times for the park? For many parks, 2 PM is that gray area between posted check out and posted check in time. Is there a bit more to this story? A specific location for this park would allow people who wish to comment on this post to see the Park's website which would make this thread less speculative.
On edit, if this is the Big Oak River Campground in Uvalde, Texas, which is the only Big Oak Campground that a quick Google search shows in Texas, they have their check in policy in bold print on the rate page in their website. It clearly states check in time is 3 PM and a following line states "No early Check Ins are allowed". Maybe the park isn't to blame here.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There are at least four "Big Oak" or "Big Oaks" RV parks in FL, GA, and TX. Can you narrow that down a little? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate