cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best site to search for a site?

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
Been RV'ing part time for the last 7 years staying in military campgrounds 99% of the time. Looking for recommendations on a website or app that I can use to find public or private RV sites that CAN FILTER my request. Good Sam campground finder is largely a waste of time as I can't specify that I want 50amp or FHU or Big Rig friendly. I've heard of Passport America but I don't see a filtering capability. Are there others you can recommend or have had experience with? Thanks....
22 REPLIES 22

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Teeshot1939 wrote:
Been RV'ing part time for the last 7 years staying in military campgrounds 99% of the time. Looking for recommendations on a website or app that I can use to find public or private RV sites that CAN FILTER my request. Good Sam campground finder is largely a waste of time as I can't specify that I want 50amp or FHU or Big Rig friendly. I've heard of Passport America but I don't see a filtering capability. Are there others you can recommend or have had experience with? Thanks....

Here are 2 examples, Passport America and RV Park Reviews, of the same park we are visiting soon. Not sure what else one would want to FILTER for.

Tombstone Territories

Passport America Highlights

All sites have a view of the Dragoon Mountain and Cochise Stronghold. Enjoy mild Arizona summers and ideal winters at 4000 ft. elevation. 102 40 X 80 pull-thru sites on 30 acres with 30/50 amps service, full hook-ups, and Wi-Fi. Sites are landscaped with desert plants, have concrete patio, picnic table and Cable TV. Park amenities: showers, laundry facilities, handicap accessible, large recreational building, indoor pool, spa, propane, ice, recycling center, Wide open country for horseshoes, ping pong, shuffleboard, hiking, nature watching, biking, and ATV riding. All sites have view of the Dragoon Mtns., and Cochise Stronghold. A bird watching paradise. Enjoy mild Arizona summers and ideal winters at 4000 ft. Located 10 miles from Tombstone in cattle country.

RV Park Reviews

Tombstone Territories

Click on the 'Show All' link to see all the Amenities for the Park.

Safe travels.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

htss
Explorer
Explorer
I use reserveamerica.com, recreation.gov, koa.com and the Allstays camp and rv app.

And now I will be adding rvparkreviews.com, as others have recommended.
2012 Chevy 2500HD DA - 2009 Open Range (33.5' fifth wheel) - B&W Companion - 40 gallon aux tank - Myself, wife and two kids

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used Campground Views (https://www.campgroundviews.com/listings/?) a couple of times for filtering. Just type in the city you are looking at and when it comes up you can filter by amenities. Some of the campgrounds will also have a short video of the grounds which is also helpful.

Might not be the most complete site out there but it may work for what you need.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Toad Hall here!

We only stay in COE or State Parks found that the Toads reviews and descriptions are excellent for us.

He has also stayed in many of the Military parks and the OP will like that part also.

https://wxtoad.com/index.php/campground-reviews
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Ultimate Campgrounds here ๐Ÿ™‚
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
We've found Ultimate Campgrounds to be the best source for public campgrounds. They claim to have over 32,000 locations in their database. We like the small, out-of-the-way places and have found some gems using their app.

TCI
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for the Allstays Camp and RV app. The website shows it's only through the apple store not google playstore (android). Any suggestions. This app came highly recommended by friends.
2015 31ft Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel w/3 slides
2015 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 Short Bed Diesel Crew Cab
1 Cat
Fulltiming since Oct 06 - Sold the Stick House

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allstays and rvparkreviews are what we use. We have no problem with the rvparkreviews site using firefox or chrome as our browsers.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I generally start withUSCampgrounds and weed them out/select from there. This site give me a general idea of what's in the area I'm interested in or what's close and go from there. Don't get me wrong RVParkReview is invaluable to be. We lick to see what the campground look like also that's why https://www.campsitephotos.com/ comes in handy, but is limited in areas. https://thedyrt.com/ outs another spin on sites, but can be very useful. And lastly and far from the least is https://wxtoad.com/ aka Toad Hall. This site is exceptional! Great pics, info and insights. Can't say enough good things about it. But that's my opinion.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
My vote=Allstays

Teeshot1939
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Go to app from people that stayed in the camps.
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Another fan of Allstays Camp and RV here.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allstays and state parks near our destination.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus