Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Nashville, TN

We're planning a September trip to Nashville (and Memphis) and have some questions about Nashville. We're going to stay at Seven Points Campground (COE) in Hermitage, TN. Having been told that parking and driving in Nashville isn't the easiest, we no...

VE3ESN by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Chaco canyon NP in NM ?'s

Just looking for any info on campgrounds nearby for a 31ft Class C. I believe we will be visiting after going to Las Vegas

suprz by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstine around July 4

We are looking ahead to 2020 plans, and we want to do a trip to Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. Our challenge is that the best time, for us, is the week of (and following) July 4. How bad will these locations be around July 4 and the week following? ...

Yosemite/Kings Canyon/Sequoia “must do” advice sought

Hey all-We have 4 days near Yosemite and 4 near Sequoia/Kings from 6/29-7/7. Just looking for “must do/see” things in and around those areas. Also, if we want to visit the Pacific, which would you suggest traveling from to do that? Also, where would...

alesis by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Carlyle Lake near Centralia and Carlyle Illinois

Grandson will be attending college in Centralia. See there are a few campgrounds around the lake, but info is scarce on the web. Looks like most are walk ups with I assume 30A electric only.Anybody know more about them? How busy in the fall? Dump sta...

jkwilson by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tioga Pass: July 1! See update

For those of us hoping to get into the high country of Yosemite, there is a glimmer of hope -- the crews are at Tenaya Lake on the west side and at Tioga Pass on the east side:Plowing UpdateSo that means about 25 more miles to go, with most of the re...

I need help picking a location..

Hello All,We are very much last minute vacation planners. We say we are going to plan, we blink and it's 3 weeks until our week long vacation. We do it every year. We always find somewhere to go and even if a particular campground is booked we fin...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Vancouver BC

Would appreciate a park suggestion that has a nice view of the river or a scenic overlook. Trying to surprise the DW. (get my drift)All suggestions are appreciated in advance.Now for me, a 1/2 day of Salmon fishing would be great. Late Fathers Day...

teeznu by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Campgrounds n Parks on the Maryland coast help

Hi Guys, I’m a newbie, this is my second year with my travel trailer. Last year we went to Lancaster PA and Delaware coast, this year we’re going to Ashville NC in July and returning to NJ via the Maryland coast Rt-13 Rt113. We would like to break up...

Rickl750 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Crater Lake

We spent the last 4 days at a wonderful National Forest campground just south of Crater Lake N.P.Farewell Bend campground was very nice, nice big level paved sites, friendly hosts. It was the cleanest, neatest camp we have stayed in.It was about a mi...

Texas Hill Country Campsite Recommendation?

Hmm it appears I’ve left it too late for March spring break this year. All the State Parks are full.Any recommendations for campgrounds other than the State Parks in hill country? We’d like something with power and water preferably, but not mandato...

Welcome tips/input on trip to Lake Gogebic State Park

We usually spend at least a week at Muskallonge Lake State Park, north of Newberry, but couldn't get in this year, so we're heading to Lake Gogebic State Park.Welcome info on the following:* Nearby smaller lakes where we can fish from a canoe* Nearby...

reinita by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Huntsville, Arkansas ?

Anyone here know the name of the new RV park on 23 north of Huntsville , Ar. ? I think the sign I saw said Wareagle RV but not sure and never had chance to drive back by. We were staying at Withrow Springs SP last week. It's just up the road from T...

sayoung by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes