cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda SP

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Have to think it will be in bad shape. It was just outside the eye wall, and on the wildest side of it.

I also wonder how the Keys Deer Sanctuary held up.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
20 REPLIES 20

capost
Explorer
Explorer
x2. The Keys have been there for centuries.They are not going anywhere. Bridges repaired. Homes and businesses repaired,yes.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'd be surprised if the Keys don't vanish....

Hurricane Andrew crossed the Keys with 130 MPH winds in 1992. The Keys will survive Irma as well. Not all of the buildings and trees of course, but the Key aren't going anywhere.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hurricane Mathew devastated two state parks along the coast of SC last year and it was not nearly as strong as this one. Hope the damage is not as bad as some think it might be. It ain't gonna be pretty.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a house in Big Pine, right next to the deer and bird refuge. It's on the open water of Pine channel. I'm not there. I was watching my security cameras on my phone and saw that a 35' tree was down. This was at 6pm yesterday. The storm had hardly got started. I am no longer getting cameras on my phone. 120 mph wind was reported at the Big Pine refuge.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We fell in love with the Keys last year during a visit to Marathon. I don't see how anything could be left after Irma passes but then I'm a desert dweller and don't know 'caines.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be surprised if the Keys don't vanish....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB