cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone in a National Park Campground? Open or Closed?

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone in a National Park Campground? Open or Closed?

Sort of says it all - not Opinions NEEDED. If you are in a CG let us Know what the status is.

REAL LIFE - beats BS everytime.

Just would like to Know,

Edit info

- http://www.wta.org/news/signpost/if-the-federal-government-shuts-down-what-does-it-mean-for-hikers-a...

on the web site "Visitors at campgrounds operated by the U.S. Forest Service will be given 48 hours to vacate, with the area shut down as the last visitor leaves, not to exceed 48 hours."
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach
11 REPLIES 11

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Don't we pay taxes to keep the land? I paid my taxes and don't need a baby siter.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It's all over..... carry on as usual. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotpepperkid wrote:
The state of AZ says the Grand Cyn will stay open
Yes, and I heard "Old Faithfull" is still going to be operating normally.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
JTNP open but no services, no trash service, no one kicked out of sites, reservations for CG questionable.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
You may be getting tired of all these posts, but another Quartzsite update - the water fill station is now closed.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Another update on the Quartzsite LTVAs - For anyone interested, as of 12:20PM, 1/21/18, the water fill & dump stations at La Posa South are open. Long lines because it is Big Tent Week.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
hotpepperkid wrote:

But that's not the question. Many parks are open but their campgrounds are closed. Are any National Park campgrounds in AZ open?

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busskipper wrote:

Sort of says it all - not Opinions NEEDED. If you are in a CG let us Know what the status is.

Have to ask. While you were punching in the above did you think for even a split second you had a snowballs chance in hell of your request being honored? LOL.

I am not in a campground, but just so happened to be sitting in a diner with an administrator for the ACOE Pittsburgh district last week and had a long conversation about a possible shutdown. He is not involved with the ACOE recreation aspect much, but more the locks and dams on the 3 rivers. He did however say that the ACOE campgrounds (roughly 20 in PA, NY,WV,OH) would have closed within 48 hours of a shutdown, which is mostly a moot point as they are closed for the season regardless for winter.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
Front-country campgrounds at Big Bend NP are open. Been staying at Cottonwood CG (first-come, first-serve). Pit toilets open, water available but notice says no service. No trash pickup. Park's visitor centers closed. Concession facilities open.

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
No One had chased us out of the Quartzsite BLM LTVA so far...

1/20/18:
An update on the Quartzsite BLM LTVAs - While no one has been told to leave, the entrance stations are closed (no gates so you can still drive in) and there is a sign stating where the commercial water fill & dump stations are located. I didn't drive out to the dump station to see if it was closed, but I suspect it is