cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

40 foot 5th wheel in Yellowston NP

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

We have been to YS a number of time.  We have always stayed outside the NP.  This summer  we would like to stay in the park.  Any campground that can accommodate a 40 foot 5th wheel??

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
13 REPLIES 13

CaptTango
Explorer
Explorer

Fishing Bridge is the only location that could accommodate our 40 ft Class A. 50 Amp full hookups. Reserve early to get a spot. You will need a minimum of 4 days to see everything, more if the flooded out northern road is open. Call them with sizes of rig and tow vehicle and they will tell you what site is best. Yellowstone has a north and south loop forming a figure eight, FB is near the center. 

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Fishing Bridge is the only place I know of, in the park, that can accommodate a 40' fifth wheel. A 40' fifth wheel and vehicle, depending on short bed or not, will easily be 65'+, thus ruling out all but Fishing Bridge. It would suck to reserve somewhere else and not be able to fit. From my understanding, it is getting very difficult to get sites during the summer, i.e. busiest season.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

@fj12ryder wrote:

A 40' fifth wheel and vehicle, depending on short bed or not, will easily be 65'+, thus ruling out all but Fishing Bridge.

how long of a tow vehicke are you running ๐Ÿ˜‰  I have a 40 foot 5th and one of the longest trucks (factory) and I am only 56' long hooked up.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

I have a long bed Ram dually, and a 38' 5th wheel. By actual measurement, I am 64' long total. That's from rear of the trailer to front of the truck. You'd best measure again.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

if your 5th pin is at the very front of your unit , and say your hitch is above your wheels where they should be to be 64' long your truck would have to be about 27 feet long.  My truck is almost 22 feet long and my 5th is 39.5 feet long and I don't need to measure as every time I go accross the ferry they messure for me, I am 56 feet long from bumper to bumper.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

You're absolutely correct!! My math was so far off as to be bordering on moronic. I have no idea how I added the numbers up to arrive at 65'. I'm glad someone was here to bring me up short.

I'm very sorry about that. Doh.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wguss
Explorer
Explorer

According to their website there are 6 campgrounds that accept 40' or longer.  (Look at the far right section of list for lengths.)

Camping in YNP 

I think ???? that the length is the OVER ALL length including the tow truck for a 5er.????????

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

That is my understanding too. Total length, not just the RV length.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

The new construction at Fishing Bridge is only possibility.

Might check Madison but it would be tight.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

Yes, we often stay at Baker's Hole.  Duplicate, Sorry learning the new website.

Travel Photos

pawattt
Explorer
Explorer

Close but not in thepark, West Yellowstone.

Yes, we often stay at Baker's Hole.

Travel Photos