Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

West Yellowstone to I-90

DandM-AG
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All!

We will be traveling from West Yellowstone and would like to find the safest, best route north to get to I-90. Once we reach I-90, we will head east.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mark
8 REPLIES 8

elmerfudd51
Explorer
Explorer
if i remember correctly, 191 is a beautiful ride along the river and camper friendly.
2020 F350 4x4 6.2 2020
2020 Catalina Trailblazer

DandM-AG
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to everyone for your great advice.

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
"US 191 will make a 90 degree turn to the East at the outskirts of Bozeman. At that intersection continue North on 85. It will take you to I 90 with no red lights and city traffic."

We were coming back toward Yellowstone via the reverse of that route in May. When we exited the interstate, our GPS told us to turn left at Jicribbet Road. Turned out to be JACK RABBIT Road! Gotta love those computerized voices!

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
If you take US 191 I recommend you do not go through Bozeman. Traffic light capital of Montana. There are about 20 red lights and heavy narrow city traffic streets.

US 191 will make a 90 degree turn to the East at the outskirts of Bozeman. At that intersection continue North on 85. It will take you to I 90 with no red lights and city traffic.

It does add a couple miles but time wise it is quicker.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I've done both. Out the West gate, then north on 191 to I-90 when I was on my way west, and 89 north through the North gate when I was heading east on I-90. Lots of old barracks buildings used by the Army at one time, and Mammoth Hot Springs just before you get to the north gate.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Route 191 or through the Park.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either main highway north is good. Or you could go through the park and out the north entrance.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
DandM-AG wrote:
Hello All!

We will be traveling from West Yellowstone and would like to find the safest, best route north to get to I-90. Once we reach I-90, we will head east.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mark

Follow the signs to Livingston Mt. turn right.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.